Mulab Mixer View?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all.

I searched on the webs and couldn't find a standard mixer view in mulab or am I missing something? I get the daw is kind of rack based but that view isn't great for mixing and tweaking track volumes across the entire project.

I was also wondering why there are no spoken word tutorials on features and updates by the developers? That has sort of kept me from pulling the trigger on mulab but again maybe I'm missing something.

Doc Brown wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:40 am I searched on the webs and couldn't find a standard mixer view in mulab or am I missing something? I get the daw is kind of rack based but that view isn't great for mixing and tweaking track volumes across the entire project.
Why not?

Have you actually tried the free version or are you going by what you have seen in videos ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I once upon a time a few years ago tried the free trial and I didn't see a mixer view and haven't tried the newest version but I couldn't find a single Google image that showed a mixer view. Every other DAW I've used had an arrange and mixer view so I figured I must have been missing something in Mulab.

mutools wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:51 am
Doc Brown wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:40 am I searched on the webs and couldn't find a standard mixer view in mulab or am I missing something? I get the daw is kind of rack based but that view isn't great for mixing and tweaking track volumes across the entire project.
Why not?
Well, because scrolling back and forth along the rack is not efficient and immediate as a designated mixer view where I have access to all the channel faders and inserts and sends all at once for quick adjustments and tweaking send levels, polarity, etc...

You've seen the collapsed view?

"inserts and sends" are the rack slots, so I'm not sure what a different view would look like.

Do you know you can collapse the racks to small strips? You can do that via the (+) button at the top left of a rack. You can also right-click that button for extra options, eg Collapse All. That way you can see many racks at the same time and tweak the basic controls like volume and panning. Inserts and sends are not visible though in collapsed state. That's how it is now. (in future versions there may come extra rack options)

PS: Cfr pljones's screenshot. Thx pljones.

More than that, with the automatic view all racks are collapsed but only the one you click on/work with is open.
MuLab.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It’s not developers, it’s developer.

jonljacobi wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:50 am It’s not developers, it’s developer.
One person? That's a lot of work for one person. Yikes

Doc Brown wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:59 am
jonljacobi wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:50 am It’s not developers, it’s developer.
One person? That's a lot of work for one person. Yikes
and presumably a lot of brains :D :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”