AcidLab Miami

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
DoMath
KVRer
11 posts since 14 Jan, 2019

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:35 am

Hello guys ,

I just grabbed AcidLab Miami Drummachine

I was watching workflow one of my fav artist so i noticed that he has delay effect on every sound of drummachine. There is no delay effect only on Kick and Low tom.

Here is the link of this performance , hope u like it too :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmG-bl4R3q4&t=61s

Whats your advice guys , how to set up my drummachine with delay effect like that?

Any tip/advice will be very helpfull for me :)

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
10375 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 am

I don't see a Miami in there.

However, that is irrelevant as both the TR808 and Miami have individual outputs to route whereever you wish.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

DoMath
KVRer
11 posts since 14 Jan, 2019

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:22 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 am
I don't see a Miami in there.

However, that is irrelevant as both the TR808 and Miami have individual outputs to route whereever you wish.
Thanks for respond.

I was on his gig 3 days ago . Sound was exactly the same with TR 808 and Boss DD6 Delay pedal.

But pedal has only one input , how it is made? Pedal has only one input right?

Im rookie in harware , sorry for such a basic questions :(
Last edited by DoMath on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

DoMath
KVRer
11 posts since 14 Jan, 2019

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 am

DoMath wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:22 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 am
I don't see a Miami in there.

However, that is irrelevant as both the TR808 and Miami have individual outputs to route whereever you wish.
Thanks for respond.

I was on his gig 3 days ago . Sound was exactly the same with TR 808 and Boss DD6 Delay pedal.

But pedal has only one input , how it is made? Pedal has only one input right ?

Im rookie in harware , sorry for such a basic questions :(

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
39536 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:36 am

DoMath wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:22 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 am
I don't see a Miami in there.

However, that is irrelevant as both the TR808 and Miami have individual outputs to route whereever you wish.
Thanks for respond.

I was on his gig 3 days ago . Sound was exactly the same with TR 808 and Boss DD6 Delay pedal.

But pedal has only one input , how it is made? Pedal has only one input right?

Im rookie in harware , sorry for such a basic questions :(
are you trying to put delay on the whole thing?
does the miami have a master out or is it just individual channels?

DoMath
KVRer
11 posts since 14 Jan, 2019

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:41 am

vurt wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:36 am
DoMath wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:22 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:48 am
I don't see a Miami in there.

However, that is irrelevant as both the TR808 and Miami have individual outputs to route whereever you wish.
Thanks for respond.

I was on his gig 3 days ago . Sound was exactly the same with TR 808 and Boss DD6 Delay pedal.

But pedal has only one input , how it is made? Pedal has only one input right?

Im rookie in harware , sorry for such a basic questions :(
are you trying to put delay on the whole thing?
does the miami have a master out or is it just individual channels?
No I want to add Delay Effect on only Snare,Rim,Clap,Hihats
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
10375 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:56 am

He will have a different pedal/effect connected to each output.

Or... and I don't know if this is possible, route the snare, rim, hats to the master and effect that; everything else goes out individually and dry.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

DoMath
KVRer
11 posts since 14 Jan, 2019

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:04 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:56 am
He will have a different pedal/effect connected to each output.

Or... and I don't know if this is possible, route the snare, rim, hats to the master and effect that; everything else goes out individually and dry.
He had only one Pedal. All setup was TR 808 , Boss DD6 Delay pedal, Octatrack , Eventide Space.

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
10375 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:12 am

DoMath wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:04 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:56 am
He will have a different pedal/effect connected to each output.

Or... and I don't know if this is possible, route the snare, rim, hats to the master and effect that; everything else goes out individually and dry.
He had only one Pedal. All setup was TR 808 , Boss DD6 Delay pedal, Octatrack , Eventide Space.
On the TR808 if you route something to an individual output it gets disconnected from the master. You can then send the master (ie hats, claps etc) to a delay pedal, albeit it in mono. This isn't an issue anyway because the 808 is mono, if not panned.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
10375 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:15 am

Also the Octatrack has FX so he could have been using those also on the 808.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

DoMath
KVRer
11 posts since 14 Jan, 2019

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:15 am
Also the Octatrack has FX so he could have been using those also on the 808.
I was thinkin about that version too. But im not sure about that too.
For example if i connect my drummachine to octatrack to use octatrack FX there will not be possibility to use FX on individual sound. It will allow to use FX only on hole sound i guess.

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
10375 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:54 am

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

DoMath
KVRer
11 posts since 14 Jan, 2019

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:06 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:54 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Cx896tbA8

^^^ Solved.
Thank you :love:

So i have to work hard to get money for Octatrack :D

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
10375 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:10 am

Well yeah, but 4x delay pedals are far cheaper and always come in handy. Get 4 different ones and attach to each output. That should sound fantastic.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
39536 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: AcidLab Miami

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:14 am

if you're using multiple outs on the drums, im assuming a mixer somewhere in your set up.
does it have send/return for routing fx?

that way, one pedal could be used on the different channels with different levels.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”