Possible bug? Nope not a bug.

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So by fluke i might have found a bug, we all know that tracks can hold both midi and audio data but i found that if you insert an instrument on an audiotrack that the on screen keyboard won't work. You can create a clip and play it from the keyboard in there and it will show the notes being played in the on screen keyboard but you can't play them from the on screen keyboard.
Last edited by griffin on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check which input is selected in the track header/inspector. If you have a track that started off as an audio track the available inputs would have been audio inputs, not MIDI control inputs, so the input selector is probably still defaulted to your first audio input (input 1 on my audio interface in my case). Once you convert from audio -> hybrid, you need to explicitly change the track input from an audio input to a MIDI input; in your case you're after the touch keyboard but changing it to "All ins" would also suffice.

Ah yes, spot on. When putting the instrument on the audio track the input changes to no input. Thanks :tu:

Return to “Bitwig”