6381 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:28 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:48 am
stamp wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:41 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:46 am
I’m talking about global snapshots. Not just devices but send levels, mutes, track levels and everything. And that can be both set and recalled on the fly. Like Maschine.
This!
Do it with the good old fashioned save as... Saves my ass since 1984...
But thinking of it, if Bitwig could keep automatically some versions, that would be cool, then you just save and if you don‘t like it, go back...
? We're talking about a performance feature here. Setting the state of parameters and being able to recall them live. Very useful to be able to instantly recall to a safe state when you've tweaked a lot of parameters. Again, the idea is exactly what Maschine does, so look at that if you're not sure.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

Butwug
KVRist
118 posts since 26 Oct, 2018

Re: BITWIG STUDIO 3

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Hoping update allows mouse wheel to adjust parameters. Tried looking it up in manual and searched online as well. Seems like so far bitwig doesnt support it.

If BWS 3 has this function, all the native plugins will get way more use.

antic604
KVRAF
2034 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:46 pm

Butwug wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:37 pm
Hoping update allows mouse wheel to adjust parameters. Tried looking it up in manual and searched online as well. Seems like so far bitwig doesnt support it.

You're being sarcastic, right? So hard to tell on Internet :D
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Surface Pro 4
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

kiedo
KVRer
11 posts since 3 Nov, 2016

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:00 am

antic604 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:46 pm
Butwug wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:37 pm

You're being sarcastic, right? So hard to tell on Internet :D
I don't think he is, is this feature available somehow? Would be handy instead of clicking if you could just hover the mouse and scroll the wheel to move the parameters

antic604
KVRAF
2034 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:13 am

kiedo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:00 am
I don't think he is, is this feature available somehow? Would be handy instead of clicking if you could just hover the mouse and scroll the wheel to move the parameters.
You got me wrong - if people want it, then it should be added but smartly, because I would hate if values changed when I two-finger swipe the trackpad... I myself just either use controller or trackpad and once I find the approximate level I want I'll anyway input it with keyboard.

I'm just saying it's a silly reason to not use native devices for :)
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Surface Pro 4
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

Return to “Bitwig”