Itsme, I'm back (sorta)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unfortunately not truly an original - I originally composed it in 1993 on a Yamaha SY22 and Roland Sound Canvas, I posted a partial conversion on KVR in 2007, but now it's all Yoshimi (of course), and with a few extra bits.

So without further ado please hop over to here
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

wb folderol! that was cool. it got my toes tapping when the drums kicked in. well done :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Nice to see you back. I liked this one and how you brought more percussion elements in towards the end of the track. :tu:
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Thanks a lot guys. Very much appreciated.
I see this place is just as busy as it ever was :phones:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Haunting icy sounds. Beautiful track. 25 years in the making!

I love hearing tracks that have had long journeys from their initial inception. This is a great one!

Welcome back and this sounds great!
Wasn't sure what Yoshimi was, so after some searching I see it is a linux open source synth. Looks and sounds great. I have a soft spot for opensource. ;)
Well done.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks again :)
@ Frantz It doesn't do to rush these things :lol:

@ SCprogfan There aren't many of my tracks like that though.

@ Allomerus You mean there's someone not sick of me going on about it :P
Especially as these days I'm on the development team (not quite sure how that happened)

I haven't heard the original, but this sounds really good. It could be totally developed into an epic prog rock track. Good selection of sounds as well.

Thanks again.
I never posted the original. In fact the 'original' original hasn't existed for something like 40 years :(
I do have a flac somewhere of the tape I made in the 1990s, and I posted a partial update on here in 2007 (2012 on SC).
Over the years I've kept progressively more complete notes and archives - a bit obsessive maybe :lol:

I find myself agreeing with comments made here about Prog rock and elsewhere regarding similarities to TD. Some of the synth sounds particularly remind me of the mid '80s. Nicely done.

Good work :)

Thanks a lot :)

Return to “Music Cafe”