apqualizr2 v 2.2.2

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there!

Not a big deal, but I just wanted to let you know I installed the latest update for apqualizr2. The installer doesn't seem to be digitally signed, so Windows 10 shows the "not trusted" warning before the install.

Thanks for the report. This is a known issue. The warning will most likely go away once more people have installed the latest update and the binary is known by windows smartscreen.

Great update! The varislope filters are a very unique idea, can't wait to use them. Although I can't seem to find the full change log on the website, I can only find the main product page.

The full changelog is at the end of the manual and if you click on "Check for updates.." on the settings pane inside the plugin, you'll get an online list of changes in versions newer than what you are running.

Hey guys,
I just updated apQualizr to 2.2.2 from 2.2.1 and I am happy to report that the horrendous CPU drain is gone! YAY! When I used the previous version I was really struggling to complete a mix due to CPU overloads, despite having a very powerful computer. I first throught it was Cubase 10 issue and was very surprised to discover that it was the apQualizr. I didn't see any mention in your change notes for this version regarding the CPU usage, but I know you had to have done something.

Anyhow, I have been using your EQ for about 10 years now and it is only EQ I use. It is by far the finest-sounding, most transparent and natural EQ I have used. I have been achieving superb mixes with it. I can't say enough of good things about it. The interface is incredible, usability second to none. Absolutely brilliant work, guys!

I believe you deserve a much, much greater recognition in the music industry. I would love to see your product promoted more and reaching many more professionals around the world.

Thank you very much and I'm glad the CPU problem was sorted. Weirdly enough I haven't seen this during testing, but I'm glad it now works correctly for you.

Hey guys,
I discovered a bug with apQualizr 2.2.2.
When using the plugin in high sample rate project (88k or 96k), the high shelving filter does not get saved properly with the project. Regardless of where I set the filter frequency, it shifts to above 20K once the project is re-opened.
I am using Cubase 10.0.40 on Windows.
Please check it and let me know if you need additional info from me.
Thank you.

Thanks for the reporting. I'm prepping an update to apQualizr currently and will definitely check this and fix it once I can reproduce the issue.

I checked this, but couldn't reproduce yet. I have Cubase AI 10.0.40 on win10. I made an empty cubase project running at 96khz, created a stereo audio track, put some audio on it, inserted apQualizr, created one high shelf filter at 200 Hz. Then saved, closed and reloaded and everything seems fine. Can you give me more information? Maybe a screenshot of the apqualizr2 situation or the apqualizr2 preset? I find it weird it only happens for the high shelf filter as they way those parameters are stored is absolutely the same for all filter types. Are you absolutely sure there is no automation data on your track?

Does the unintended parameter change just affect the processing or is it also visible in the GUI?

Please adds new features to ApQualizer2, I Love this VST, my ideas are: Multicolor for filter bands (degraded under of the line), Dynamic EQ options, the Multi Layer EQ ( sometimes need use two equalizator, with the same plugin have two layer it would excelente features. Other Options Modulations based in SideChain Signal, too sidechain options for spectrum, And Match EQ Options, I hope that my ideas will be taken into consideration in future versions

Hi there,
I sent an email, but just to be sure it is seen, I am posting the content here as well.
This is something that I reported a while back and the issue persists. I am sorry I didn't respond before- I didn't get a notification of your reply.

There is a bug with your wonderful EQ. Settings are not being properly saved when working in high sample rates (88K+) on stereo tracks. I am using Cubase v10.5.12 and apQualizr v2.2.4. My brother is experiencing the same issues with v 2.2.4.

To replicate the problem:
- Create a Cubase project at 88K sample rate with a stereo track and load apQualizr.
- Set frequencies: high pass at 200Hz, Peak 2000Hz 10Db, Peak 8000Hz 10Db, Low Pass 15,000Hz
- Save project. Exit project. Re-open project.
- Frequencies will have moved to 239 Hz, 2749 Hz, 11949 Hz, 23267 Hz

If you change the project sample rate to 44Khz and then touch the values of EQ (bottom portion of the plugin), most of them snap back to the original values. The exception is the one that was 8000 Hz as is now 8349 Hz.

This is obviously a very serious bug since it renders any kind of total recall at high sample rates impossible.

How soon will this be fixed, please?

Thank you!
Goran

Same issue here.

Stereo tracks at 88khz don't save settings on my end. Using Cubase 9, ApQ 2.2.4.

3 days of mixing down the drain. :( :(

The otherwsie great plug in is unfortunately unusable in current state so I urge you to fix the bug asap.
:help:

Also able to replicate this exact issue
gorangrooves wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:27 pm Hi there,
I sent an email, but just to be sure it is seen, I am posting the content here as well.
This is something that I reported a while back and the issue persists. I am sorry I didn't respond before- I didn't get a notification of your reply.

There is a bug with your wonderful EQ. Settings are not being properly saved when working in high sample rates (88K+) on stereo tracks. I am using Cubase v10.5.12 and apQualizr v2.2.4. My brother is experiencing the same issues with v 2.2.4.

To replicate the problem:
- Create a Cubase project at 88K sample rate with a stereo track and load apQualizr.
- Set frequencies: high pass at 200Hz, Peak 2000Hz 10Db, Peak 8000Hz 10Db, Low Pass 15,000Hz
- Save project. Exit project. Re-open project.
- Frequencies will have moved to 239 Hz, 2749 Hz, 11949 Hz, 23267 Hz

If you change the project sample rate to 44Khz and then touch the values of EQ (bottom portion of the plugin), most of them snap back to the original values. The exception is the one that was 8000 Hz as is now 8349 Hz.

This is obviously a very serious bug since it renders any kind of total recall at high sample rates impossible.

How soon will this be fixed, please?

Thank you!
Goran

Except that I could not replicate the bellow "work-around" by changing the sample rate to 44khz...

"If you change the project sample rate to 44Khz and then touch the values of EQ (bottom portion of the plugin), most of them snap back to the original values. The exception is the one that was 8000 Hz as is now 8349 Hz. "

Ah thank you for the additional info. This should allow me to reconstruct the issue. I have a strong suspicion what might be the problem and it might be limited to the vst3 version and Cubase and depend on the order in which things are initialized when a project is loaded. I hope to work on this next week.

Return to “apulSoft”