apqualizr2 v 2.2.2

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
Tappistry
KVRAF
1548 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi there!

Not a big deal, but I just wanted to let you know I installed the latest update for apqualizr2. The installer doesn't seem to be digitally signed, so Windows 10 shows the "not trusted" warning before the install.

Pflugshaupt
KVRist
47 posts since 12 May, 2005 from Zürich

Re: apqualizr2 v 2.2.2

Post Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Thanks for the report. This is a known issue. The warning will most likely go away once more people have installed the latest update and the binary is known by windows smartscreen.

spoontechnique
KVRist
156 posts since 7 May, 2018

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:01 am

Great update! The varislope filters are a very unique idea, can't wait to use them. Although I can't seem to find the full change log on the website, I can only find the main product page.

Pflugshaupt
KVRist

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:25 am

The full changelog is at the end of the manual and if you click on "Check for updates.." on the settings pane inside the plugin, you'll get an online list of changes in versions newer than what you are running.

gorangrooves
KVRer
2 posts since 3 Apr, 2019

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:54 am

Hey guys,
I just updated apQualizr to 2.2.2 from 2.2.1 and I am happy to report that the horrendous CPU drain is gone! YAY! When I used the previous version I was really struggling to complete a mix due to CPU overloads, despite having a very powerful computer. I first throught it was Cubase 10 issue and was very surprised to discover that it was the apQualizr. I didn't see any mention in your change notes for this version regarding the CPU usage, but I know you had to have done something.

Anyhow, I have been using your EQ for about 10 years now and it is only EQ I use. It is by far the finest-sounding, most transparent and natural EQ I have used. I have been achieving superb mixes with it. I can't say enough of good things about it. The interface is incredible, usability second to none. Absolutely brilliant work, guys!

I believe you deserve a much, much greater recognition in the music industry. I would love to see your product promoted more and reaching many more professionals around the world.

Pflugshaupt
KVRist

Post Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:57 pm

Thank you very much and I'm glad the CPU problem was sorted. Weirdly enough I haven't seen this during testing, but I'm glad it now works correctly for you.

gorangrooves
KVRer
2 posts since 3 Apr, 2019

Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:26 am

Hey guys,
I discovered a bug with apQualizr 2.2.2.
When using the plugin in high sample rate project (88k or 96k), the high shelving filter does not get saved properly with the project. Regardless of where I set the filter frequency, it shifts to above 20K once the project is re-opened.
I am using Cubase 10.0.40 on Windows.
Please check it and let me know if you need additional info from me.
Thank you.

Pflugshaupt
KVRist

Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Thanks for the reporting. I'm prepping an update to apQualizr currently and will definitely check this and fix it once I can reproduce the issue.

Pflugshaupt
KVRist

Post Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:21 pm

I checked this, but couldn't reproduce yet. I have Cubase AI 10.0.40 on win10. I made an empty cubase project running at 96khz, created a stereo audio track, put some audio on it, inserted apQualizr, created one high shelf filter at 200 Hz. Then saved, closed and reloaded and everything seems fine. Can you give me more information? Maybe a screenshot of the apqualizr2 situation or the apqualizr2 preset? I find it weird it only happens for the high shelf filter as they way those parameters are stored is absolutely the same for all filter types. Are you absolutely sure there is no automation data on your track?

Does the unintended parameter change just affect the processing or is it also visible in the GUI?

Return to “apulSoft”