Anomaly XXVII - Dark Textures - now available in SFZ/WAV and sf2 (soundfont) formats

Official support for: westgatesounds.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anomaly XXVII - Dark Textures began as an experiment.

I was wondering if I took the source sounds from some very different sounding Anomalies and combined them - what would the result be?

It started by going back to the original sources for Anomaly XX.

The original source sounds were the individual sounds that were combined usually using the WaveSequencer into a final sound. So a final sound could have anywhere from three to five source sounds being combined.

The source sounds themselves are made from combinations of seed sounds - small, little bits of sounds combined in different ways and different instruments to make a single source sound.

An initial experiment of combining Anomaly XX source sounds with those of Anomalies XXII, XXIII, XXIV and XV was interesting.

I started over and began by going through all of the Anomaly XXIV sources. It was the largest soundset with the most sources. These were combined with sources from Anomalies XX, XXII, XXIII and XV.

Then I moved on to unused sounds from Anomaly XXV sources (I kept lists) and finally to reach 100 new combinations went to Anomaly XX sources.

Each source was paired with only one other source sound, the two sounds fading in volume at different levels in the Anomaly VSTi - resulting in a much longer sample by the time it actually repeats as it began.

The result is 85 new combinations as sound beds, dark textures that interweave around each other.

85 new sounds, 531 Mb. Each sound is a looped stereo SFZ/WAV file, 37 seconds long (except for one which is 30 seconds).

Each sound is a combination of only two sources - much simpler than normal Anomaly sounds.

Presets:

Anomaly VSTi: 85 instrument presets
Wusik V6/V7: 85 instrument presets
Wusik V9: 85 instrument presets
Kontakt V5: 85 .nki instrument presets
sforzando: 85 instrument presets
Dimension Pro: 85 instrument presets
Rapture: 85 instrument presets
TX16Wx: 85 instrument presets

There is also a .sf2 (soundfont) version with 85 mono sounds in one .sf2 file - 265 Mb.

Audio demos are available.

http://westgatesounds.net/AnomalyXXVII/index.html

Here are the install notes for Anomaly XXVII.....

Maybe some of you can tell me what is confusing about them and I will make them better....

Install notes.

Extracting the files:

To extract numbered .rar files, the only file you have to extract is the lowest numbered one. The rest will be extracted automatically.

The files will extract to a folder containg two folders:
Presets
Soundsets

Soundsets:

The soundsets folder contains a folder of SFZ/WAV files named Anomaly XXVII - Dark Textures.

This folder (Anomaly XXXII - Dark Textures) should be placed where the instrument will be looking for sounds.

sforzando and TX16Wx: place the folder of SFZ/WAV files wherever you store SFZ/WAV files for these
instruments. For myself, I created F:\Sound Samples\SFZ Files and placed it there.

Anomaly VSTi - Anomaly DATA/Soundsets

Wusikstation - Wusikstation DATA/Soundsets

Dimension Pro - Dimension Pro/Multisamples

Rapture - Rapture/Multisamples

SynthMaster 2: Place the folder containing the SFZ/WAV files in your SynthMaster\Resources\FactorySamples folder.

Kontakt - install the folder from the Presets folder first. See below...

Presets:

The files containing the presets are also named by volume for the Anomaly series. So for each instrument folder - Wusik, Dimension Pro, Rapture, sforzando, TX16Wx, SynthMaster 2 and Kontakt - each folder will hold folders named accordingly (Anomaly XXVII - Dark Textures). These are the folders that must be moved to where your instrument stores its presets.

Anomaly VSTi - Anomaly DATA/Presets

Wusikstation - Wusikstation DATA/Presets

sforzando presets: place the preset folder from the Presets\sforzando folder where you store your sforzando presets.

TX16Wx presets: Merge the preset folder from the Presets\TX16Wx folder with the folder that holds the actual SFZ/WAV files. This will place a TX16Wx folder within each of those folders which contains TX16WX presets.

Dimension Pro - Dimension Pro/Programs

Rapture - Rapture/Programs

(Dimension Pro and Rapture users - open the Program navigation window in the instrument and hit the F5 key on your keyboard to force a refresh of the program listing after you have placed the files.)

Kontakt - In the Presets - Kontakt folder you will find a folder named Anomaly. Place that folder in your Kontakt Factory Library. Within that Anomaly folder are 3 folders: Documentation, Instruments and Samples.

Once you have this folder placed, merge the Anomaly XXVII - Dark Textures from the Soundsets folder with the one found in Anomaly - Samples - Anomaly. That should be it.

SynthMaster 2 presets: Place the dnekm folder from the Presets folder in your SynthMaster\Presets folder.

Adding Dimension Pro and Rapture instrument presets.......

Anomaly XXVII - Dark Textures is now available in both SFZ/WAV and sf2 (soundfont) formats.

Please see the updated first post above.

Crossgrade emails will go out tomorrow....

http://westgatesounds.net/AnomalyXXVII/index.html

Return to “Westgatesounds.net”