Big Rusty Drums - exactly what it says, and only $39

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
enroe
KVRian
927 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am

DSmolken wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 am
... to deal with with only SFZ 1 opcodes, cause I'm practical.
Is Round Robin only SFZ 2?
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

DSmolken
KVRian
1486 posts since 20 Sep, 2013 from Poland

Re: Big Rusty Drums - exactly what it says, and only $39

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am

Nah, round robin is SFZ 1. Drums don't really need much beyond SFZ 1, I just use a lot of more advanced stuff because it makes my life easier. The volume and tune and pan controls are all ARIA extensions the way I've done them, but they're not strictly necessary. The worse part is that with thousands of samples, it becomes a lot easier to use include statements and master headers to keep them modular and organized. Otherwise it'd be a lot of copy-pasting to get one huge SFZ file.

goldglob
KVRian
742 posts since 10 Jan, 2007 from London

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:18 am

Even though the Rusty Drums User Guide PDF is named 'Big_Rusty_Drums_user_guide_1.000', its title when opened is 'Swirly Drums user guide'. When I right click the PDF to open properties the title field is greyed out...I guess only the author can change it.
A trivial issue of course, just thought that with you being a stickler for detail (with things like drum noises, opcodes and moustaches) you might like to know.

DSmolken
KVRian
1486 posts since 20 Sep, 2013 from Poland

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Ha, yeah, I had totally missed that one, but now two people have noticed it... I've got a PDF with that fixed, thought I'd fix that while also updating something else in the kit, but tbh I haven't found anything more substantive to update (a benefit of selling the kit - no temptation to record more samples!), so I might just replace the PDF for future buyers.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”