Psychedelic horror ambient instrumental

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Composing music of the New Age. Check out https://indiefy.me/lahti-synth-project

i enjoy this music more than the next person
a solo of some kind would really complete it...
and yes, wags is here with a gun to my head. :hihi:

thanks for sharing :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.25

Comments: I don't know why my name keeps getting brought up in these threads. Anyway, that lead (I think that's what it is) is way too buried in the mix. Okay, it appears now that it's just some kind of brief ARP (sounds like guitar sound) being played at various points. Mix itself seems kind of dull in parts. Also seems a bit cluttered. Seems like a lot is going on and at some points it just sounds like a mish mash. It isn't terrible by any stretch but yeah, some kind of lead would break it up a bit. Right now, in spite of the variations in arrangement, it's a bit monotonous on a musical level. The changing timbers help but only so much. All in all, I've heard much worst. Better than average track for my personal tastes.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:14 pm I don't know why my name keeps getting brought up in these threads.
i tend to associate the various experts to their strengths
in this forum. its a compliment. 8)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

less relying on reverb and delay. the guitar line is cool. gate/automatise the delay&reverb. this needs accentuation, automatisation of fx. then it's cooool. can almost hear it. sloppy as it is.

choppier sound, less bleeding into of different sounds. accentuate the motifs. work, for sure. it's the guitar&bass work, it's cool, but it just could be snappier, more defined. drums are serviceable.
Last edited by nasenmann on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

layzer wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:20 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:14 pm I don't know why my name keeps getting brought up in these threads.
i tend to associate the various experts to their strengths
in this forum. its a compliment. 8)
If my ability to write a melody makes me an expert, that's a sad commentary on the state of this forum. :lol:

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your replies.
Composing music of the New Age. Check out https://indiefy.me/lahti-synth-project

Interesting piece of music with a unique vibe to it. I wouldn't say there's much horror ambient about it (for that, check out Black Mountain Transmitter) but I wouldn't know how to classify it. The bouncy rhythm & bass and reverbed guitar lick combined with the pads and fx have an oddly dreamlike quality, like I'm hearing the music in a deserted shopping mall at night. I like it.

Return to “Music Cafe”