POLL: Waves Central

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Which is closest to your view of Waves Central?

Good - no major issues.
43%
Have no strong views either way.
23%
Negative - causes me significant problems.
12%
Extremely negative - will not buy any further Waves products until it is more reliable.
10%
Irrelevant - I will never buy more Waves products regardless.
12%

Total votes: 115

RELATED
PRODUCTS

My view for some time is that Waves you need to fix it so a user cannot inadvertently cripple their own rigs by ticking the "update existing plugins" checkbox in Waves Central. It should be relatively trivial for the app not to update any plugins to versions that the user does not have a license for. It would also be very useful for the online version to support v9, but removing the ability to so easily damage your own rig is the main priority for me.

Given so many threads on this over the months, curious to know how others feel about it.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Didn't have any problems. I'm not using/buying many waves plugins either way in current projects. But I wouldn't reject them when they do the job. Been doing updates only per waves central and everything wen't great always. One time when changing the network card it didn't recognize my system anymore :D But I guess that's with all copy protection schemes using MAC addresses as identifier.

Should be a "No major problems but still dislike Waves Central anyway" option :)

No issues ever for me.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 pm Should be a "No major problems but still dislike Waves Central anyway" option :)
Yeah this is me too

Curious - if you don't have any problems with it, why do you dislike it you two?
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

imrae wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:34 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 pm Should be a "No major problems but still dislike Waves Central anyway" option :)
Yeah this is me too
You irrational folks are always trying to find your way into scientific fact finding. Go away. :phones:

1 positive poll option, one neutral one, 3 negative ones. 'nuff said?

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:37 pm Curious - if you don't have any problems with it, why do you dislike it you two?
Minor gripes that add up - like it tells you updates are available but not what's in the updates - or that it installs multiple versions you don't want (mono/stereo/32/64/aax/etc). They also should have made it so multiple versions can fully co-exist and nothing should have broken compatiblity with pre-existing V9 plugin instances in music projects.
Last edited by MogwaiBoy on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 pm 1 positive poll option, one neutral one, 3 negative ones. 'nuff said?
In what way? Admittedly I could have put "Yes I like it, "yes I really really like it", "oh my god seriously just logging on to that thing is better than sex and I mean really good sex not the rubbish sort", but those distinctions seemed not so important in the cold light of day. However working out whose problems are irritants, whose are debilitating and whose are bound up in hating Waves so much they are unreachable seemed to have more merit.

MogwaiBoy - well those would seem closest to having significant but not deal-breaking problems to me. Maybe the word "significant" was an adjective too far in that option.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Yeah that's why I said no major problems but still a general dislike. No deal-breakers obviously but I haven't had the same troubles a lot of people have had. They're entitled to their pissed-off-ness :)
Last edited by MogwaiBoy on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:13 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:50 pm 1 positive poll option, one neutral one, 3 negative ones. 'nuff said?
In what way? Admittedly I could have put "Yes I like it, "yes I really really like it", "oh my god seriously just logging on to that thing is better than sex and I mean really good sex not the rubbish sort", but those distinctions seemed not so important in the cold light of day. However working out whose problems are irritants, whose are debilitating and whose are bound up in hating Waves so much they are unreachable seemed to have more merit.

MogwaiBoy - well those would seem closest to having significant but not deal-breaking problems to me. Maybe the word "significant" was an adjective too far in that option.
I just wonder about the reason for a poll... you have a opinion, fair enough. Others have a opinion, fair enough. What will a poll achieve, apart from knowing that a handful of selected internet peeps find that Waves Central sucks. Ok, you will feel confirmed, brilliant. But, apart from that?...

Actually, it would have been better to make a poll with just the negative poll options. Because you have a negative opion and experience, and you want to have that confirmed by other people.

I'm sure it adds to the steaming pile that might just catch the attention of Waves, unlike IKM who refuse to listen to their customers!

Yeah, the poll is already biased. Unfortunately for him it doesn't seem to run the intended way :lol: No problems for years here...

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:19 pm I'm sure it adds to the steaming pile that might just catch the attention of Waves, unlike IKM who refuse to listen to their customers!
If threads or polls like these would be in any way representative... they're not. They represent a tiny portion of the customers. Actually, it's even dangerous, because it represents users who frequent internet forums. Those are the incaranted evil, let me assure you of that. ;) But, joke aside, the internet often represents opinions by a vocal minority. So, which users do Waves actually have to listen to? Probably to the paying customers. Do those complain? Well, do they? I don't know, and, a poll or a trhead with 20 users, who even could have a strong opionion (they most probably are, due to the reasons i pointed out) doesn't prove anything.

That was just the nice way to say internet posters are whining pussies, by the way. :P

Return to “Effects”