Best ISP Limiters?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LoudMax

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:34 pm Elephant or Limitless
I'm surprised to hear that Elephant is handling ISP's these days. It wasn't always good at that.

Well, Elephant has always been the best limiter for me and it can handle ISPs perfectly. :tu:

TDR Limiter 6 and Toneboosters Barricade 4 are excellent, too.

Loudmax is incredibly good even though it's free, and better, and more transparent than many paid for limiters.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

jbarish wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:56 am
I'm surprised to hear that Elephant is handling ISP's these days. It wasn't always good at that.
I just tested Elephant 4.5. In a 44.1k project with over-sampling at 8x and a -0.3dB ceiling I could not get it to generate an ISP warning in Apple's roundTripAAC meter. Good to go Elephant! :phones:

It's always been THE best at handling ISPs for me, been using almost a decade. Maybe you have it set up wrong?

Waves Audio - WLM Plus Loudness Meter
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

plexuss wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:21 am
I just tested Elephant 4.5. In a 44.1k project with over-sampling at 8x and a -0.3dB ceiling I could not get it to generate an ISP warning in Apple's roundTripAAC meter. Good to go Elephant! :phones:
Curious, does it perform the same on the max-edm mode? I can't test as I'm a PC user.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:03 am
It's always been THE best at handling ISPs for me, been using almost a decade. Maybe you have it set up wrong?
Possibly, but it seems to be handling them well now as you and Plex mentioned. Thanks to your posts I'm giving it another look. What settings do you use??

The most important setting to take care of the ISPs well with Elephant is x8 oversampling. Even x4 would do, but x8 is a 100% safe setting. :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Yeah, I used to leave it on 4x I think, and once in a blue moon I'd get an ISP then set it to 8x and it'd be gone, WAY slower at rendering though, which is why I stuck to 4x 99% of the time.

I haven't tried loudmax since 3 or 4 years and wasn't aware of the ISP feature and general update. Thanks for the mention.

Tried it today and surprised how great it actually sounds! It sounded as good as Barricade4 in clean mode, at least today on the few sources I have tried it on.

Time to donate!

Check out BUTE Limiter from Signum Audio - currently on special intro offer (£29 for stereo version)

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

russ_signum wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:08 pm
Check out BUTE Limiter from Signum Audio - currently on special intro offer (£29 for stereo version)
too expensive for a limiter , others free alternative are good too , however i have try bute limiter stereo.

But yes bute limiter is good .

:shrug:

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loudmax 1.27 was released a few days ago, anyone that could tell me how much the ISP part improved?

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/loudma ... omas-mundt

Return to “Effects”