vurt - jokers wild (elctrocyberpunkgothwave!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
41792 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:51 pm

7"

remix 1(my favourite, its a bit weirder than the others :D )

the twelve inch. much length to be had...

whos afraid of a big bad bat???

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2410 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: vurt - jokers wild (elctrocyberpunkgothwave!)

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Image
Killed it says the Robot :borg:

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
14881 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: vurt - jokers wild (elctrocyberpunkgothwave!)

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:17 pm

My Feedback (7 inch) (Vurt Scale)

Weirdness Factor - 10
Noises/Sounds - 10
Performance - 9
Mix - 8

Overall - 9.25

Comments: At 6:51, didn't feel adventurous enough to listen to the 12 inch. This one sounds like a robot being manufactured in a lab and it's not going too well. He's a little out of control. How did you get that metallic kind of sound? Very cool.

User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
6391 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Re: vurt - jokers wild (elctrocyberpunkgothwave!)

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:21 pm

7" :

fond memories of my atari 2600.... the good ol days, thank you Vurt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTmzKMvr-RI
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

User avatar
Wopelka
KVRAF
3196 posts since 22 Sep, 2003 from under the sun

Re: vurt - jokers wild (elctrocyberpunkgothwave!)

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:13 pm

Very refined noisy chaos. Shows a great mastering of sound design and... shall I say "sequencing"

I'm not sure I would use this for my next party, if ever I was to party, but I enjoyed the trip.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
41792 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: vurt - jokers wild (elctrocyberpunkgothwave!)

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:22 am

pekbro wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:13 pm
Image
Killed it says the Robot :borg:
cheers to you and the robot :borg:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
41792 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: vurt - jokers wild (elctrocyberpunkgothwave!)

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:25 am

wagtunes wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:17 pm
My Feedback (7 inch) (Vurt Scale)

Weirdness Factor - 10
Noises/Sounds - 10
Performance - 9
Mix - 8

Overall - 9.25

Comments: At 6:51, didn't feel adventurous enough to listen to the 12 inch. This one sounds like a robot being manufactured in a lab and it's not going too well. He's a little out of control. How did you get that metallic kind of sound? Very cool.
hehe yeah, the 12" is for sadomasochists :hihi:

i hear you with the robot, im thinking hes a little high :o

the metallic sound is, i believe the telharmonic (sounds like an organ) module, its being used through an lpg that is short triggered (usually for beats) then passed through the ptdelay on the koma fx :D

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
41792 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: vurt - jokers wild (elctrocyberpunkgothwave!)

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:26 am

layzer wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:21 pm
7" :

fond memories of my atari 2600.... the good ol days, thank you Vurt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTmzKMvr-RI
8) always nice to be reminded of our past
well, the good bits anyway :hihi:

thanks for listening.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
41792 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: vurt - jokers wild (elctrocyberpunkgothwave!)

Post Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:29 am

Wopelka wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:13 pm
Very refined noisy chaos. Shows a great mastering of sound design and... shall I say "sequencing"
as wags likes to remind me occasionally, its the gear :hihi:
not that im not working on it, but the fact that it sounds so nice, just makes me want to work more.
im lucky to be in that position where im no longer fighting against the equipment :D
I'm not sure I would use this for my next party, if ever I was to party, but I enjoyed the trip.

could be used when the guests start to outstay their welcome, although, im sure ive done better "house clearing" tracks :lol:

Return to β€œMusic Cafe”