Melda 13 look

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The 5 vertical bars at the right (by default) are looking odd. And it also seems that it's made much more for monitors that are much wider than tall as the UI tends to expand right.

melda13.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lot of space wasting. Why it is not a small tabs bar?

I think I asked for the collapsed bars to go to a pool where they'd all collect, like the Windows taskbar... Vojtech said it was going to be too difficult to support that, not sure if that's still the case. If that's not possible, I'd be happy if they just removed a pixel or two from the width; the text will still fit and it would reduce the waste by a lot when you've got lots of collapsed panels.

It's a private alpha release isn't it . I do not think it should be discussed here yet, unless Vojtech says so. For the moment, can you remove the details from your posts?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:12 pm It's a private alpha release isn't it . I do not think it should be discussed here yet, unless Vojtech says so. For the moment, can you remove the details from your posts?
From Vojtech:

"Hey folks,

this is a big one, focused on the GUI mainly. Please check it out and make
sure you read the release notes below. It already seems stable (in fact
quite a few bugs have been fixed), but now's the time to check everything
works properly in all DAWs, spot some nitpicks, recommend visual changes..."

I don't have facebook.

I don't have twitter.

IMHO email would not be as productive regarding feedbacks since feedback contributors cannot read and thus comment, on each other's remarks and read Vojtech's replies.

The GUI size is way too small and I have to manually change size in every plugin I use. Size should be set to 90% or 100%.
The new GUI looks and feels good.

Soarer wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:42 pmThe new GUI looks and feels good.
As I wrote to Vojetch, the new default look is superb. I used the metro theme because I found all the other ones too dark or lacking unity or definition.

Now the new default theme brings some light and nice colours on a dark background which makes it much more balanced and much more pleasing to work with, along with the new button shapes.

It's now easier to instinctively distinguish between parameters because they are more apt to make a visual connection.

This said, I did notice some jumps with the knobs. While adjusting a knob it would jump by itself to another value. No, it was not modulation. It only happened two or three times.

One thing I noticed, it might have been there before, is that when you have some other popped-up window opened, like Settings for instance, it is still possible to close the main plugin UI. In which case the popped-up windows becomes zombie processes of some sort and the DAW has to be terminated and restarted. I don't think that the main window should be able to be closed while sub-windows are opended.
Last edited by mevla on Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks folks!

First, feel free to post it here. I generally don't have a problem of using KVR unless I specifically write "don't do that" :D.
The collapse buttons on the right are a bit of a problem, I want to try to put them into a single column, but let's just say it's very difficult in the brutal Melda ecosystem :).

As for the knobs jumping - if it happens again, try to figure out if you didn't click on something etc. For example, to me it regularly happened when working on my couch using a laptop that something touched the touchpad and suddenly right clicks started happening :D...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:36 pmThe collapse buttons on the right are a bit of a problem, I want to try to put them into a single column, but let's just say it's very difficult in the brutal Melda ecosystem :).
You mean something like that? That would be welcome.

Masi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

+1...anything to save real estate...
mba m2 15" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
mbp i9 16" | 16gig.ram | 1tb ssd | Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)
logic10.8.1  | reaper7.07 | focusrite.2i2

That would be very neat indeed.

CHANGES FOR EFFECTS
Added Modular16 FX, a modular with 16 lanes.
Thank you ... er, I think. :D
Arp can now be unsynced, driven by its own tempo.
Map of modulators/MPs/etc has been improved.
Looking forward to seeing what's new here.
Added Origin to all multiparameters.
What is Origin? Sounds cool, anyway.
Added Make first and reordering feature to multiparameters.
THANK YOU MUCH!! :tu: :tu: :tu:

I think the GUI is the thing that needs most improvement in Melda plugs.

There are just so many boxes, bars & lines. A while ago i thought i'd counts the bars or lines from top to bottom in a plugin (i don't remember which) and there were 26!!!

This is obviously a result of the extreme modularity and flexibility of Melda.

If i may be extremely honest, i think it's time to get a professional graphics person in to completely overhaul the look. There must be a better way.

Look at the success of FabFilter. I believe it's largely based on the extreme clarity and quality of the interfaces (sound-wise, i don't think they offer anything special compared to the competition).

I'm also personally not a fan of pop-up or floating windows (although they're ok as an optional extra). I'd like to see a way to have everything in a single, re-sizable window. Of course this would be a big challenge considering that depth of the system.

Please take this as constructive criticism, not hating! ;)

@mr d I don't think that's going to happen because the whole ecosystem is built in a way. He would basically have to re-code the whole thing just for it to do some stuff different in all plugins that are there at the moment. I think they graphical experience now with 13 is great, it's very very sharp compared to previous
:dog:

It looks so good now. I like to change the main indicator color to something else than neon and it's very easy.

Return to “MeldaProduction”