The good & the bad customer service.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
jancivil
KVRAF
17529 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:48 am

Yeah, I bought a Novation controller thingy at the same time I bought Cubase 5. It didn't work for Cubase 5 and they were pretty much 'too bad', rather dismissive; the workaround didn't work, I was SOL. Shit happens. I maybe could have checked for compatibility in the first place.

tapper mike
KVRAF
4948 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Re: The good & the bad customer service.

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:55 am

I'll say this without reservation.

Roger Linn is amazing.
I had an issue with a usb port that wasn't sending enough electricity to my linstrument. As a result the linnstrument wouldn't properly power up on any usb port or the 9v. RL who was on vacation during Christmas in another continent came to my rescue and instructed me on how to get it going again. The linnstrument was off of the warranty and I couldn't afford shipping let alone a bench. In minutes it was up and running.

And just recently. I decided to make use of the Bitwig version that RLD provides in the package. I'd lost all the accompanying documentation. Roger Linn responded to my email in less than an hour and provided all the info I needed.

Aloysius
KVRAF
22978 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from a computer

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:16 am

RL. Finally got a refund out of him some years ago. Which goes to show that even the service provided by the same person can be inconsistent.
Never buy something you don't want just because it's a bargain.

Deep Purple
KVRian
767 posts since 9 Jan, 2015 from NY, NY

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:05 pm

<Pedantic Mode>@OP - you used the word "there" in place of "their" multiple times</Pedantic Mode>
Sweet child in time...

Hink
Rad Grandad
28024 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:37 pm

ayuh, cant get they-ah from here-yah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIJBUZm1HoY

edit: hah...it mentions my town...bucksport...that's bert and I, I bought those albums for my dad at xmas when I was a kid and that is pretty much what it sounds like 'round these parts
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

Bombadil
KVRAF
2978 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:28 am

I've never had too many issues with stuff I've bought online. I've had more issues with shady brick and mortar music shops than anything else.

Last year, I bought a VOX AC15H B-Stock, marked as showing 'slight traces of use.' The reverb was DOA. When I called Thomann to complain, I was told that they'd send me a new replacement...with a 2.5% discount for my trouble and their misrepresentation (arranging a DHL pickup, the thing was too heavy to cart to the post office). I got really pissed, and sent them an email threatening to never buy anything from them again. I've spent many thousands of €€€€s there over the last 14 years. One of their customer reps got back to me and gave me a new unit for the B-Stock price. So, can't complain too loudly over that.

I've had IK support not get back to me about some issue or other. I do not foresee buying much from them in the future.

Recently, I had an issue with not being able to download a tutorial from MacProVideo. Customer support, despite being in Vancouver, 9 hours behind me, got back to me immediately and solved the problem. Further, the tutorial in question was about how to do something in Logic 9, though the parameters in LPX are different. Christian helped me sort out that specific issue right away.

So, not too much to complain about, thankfully.
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”