Bitwig 2.5.1 RC 1 available

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.5.1 RC 1

Fixes
  • Control scripts that don't require any hardware (eg MIDI or USB) don't automatically start when added
  • Plug-ins that incorrectly list their parameters with non-unique IDs (like BeatSkillz Slam Pro) don't work correctly
  • Controller visualizations shown in the status bar may not always show the correct value when the parameter is changed in the Biwig Studio user interface
  • Stereo Split Device is -6dB too quiet
  • The timing on some modulation routings would be one processing buffer late
Regression Fixes
  • Value displays for plug-in parameters not updated on controllers in 2.5 if the parameter is not currently visible in the parameter list in the device chain
  • Some very old projects that were create in 1.1.x where the user had copied the master track into a nested track group's track list meant that the project could not open in 2.3.x or later

Thanks for the quick fix on the params not being updated on controller!

I hope Bitwig announces 3.0 shortly after 2.5.1, I'm eager to see what's new in the new major update to the DAW.

I reported a bug in 2.5, could someone who's trying 2.5.1 check if it's present there as well? I'm not feeling up to installing a beta just to check.

Clip sliding is broken in reversed audio, see the gifs:

"The timing on some modulation routings would be one processing buffer late"

Man I thought I was going crazy. The Audio Sidechain modulation was always behind and I thought it was something I was doing wrong.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

"The timing on some modulation routings would be one processing buffer late"

Hopefully this will fix the issue I was having yesterday when trying to automate the waves "de-breath" plugin while it was contained within the stereo split container. The automation timing was well off. Also when bypassing it it resulted in a burst of audio.

odz wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:04 pm I reported a bug in 2.5, could someone who's trying 2.5.1 check if it's present there as well? I'm not feeling up to installing a beta just to check.

Clip sliding is broken in reversed audio, see the gifs:

Still broken in 2.5.1, I just found quite a few quirks with it - can't say I'm a fan of audio editing in BW. :?

Well, audio editing in Bitwig is far superior to say Live (they still don’t even have in clip edit) but not as good as the standard liniar DAWs like Studio One or Cubase....I guess which one you use will depend on what’s most important to you, none of them do it all! Personally if I am working with mainly audio in a liniar way I work in Studio One with Melodyne....I don’t expect Bitwig to ever get as good with audio editing as DAWs like this (although I agree it can get a lot better,) but then Studio One doesn’t have clips, racks, unified modulation or the grid ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Be sure to submit bug reports to beta@bitwig.com

SLiC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:30 am Well, audio editing in Bitwig is far superior to say Live (they still don’t even have in clip edit) but not as good as the standard liniar DAWs like Studio One or Cubase....I guess which one you use will depend on what’s most important to you, none of them do it all! Personally if I am working with mainly audio in a liniar way I work in Studio One with Melodyne....I don’t expect Bitwig to ever get as good with audio editing as DAWs like this (although I agree it can get a lot better,) but then Studio One doesn’t have clips, racks, unified modulation or the grid ;-)
I just decided to learn the bitwig audio editing. It is different but nice. It took me a while as I am not used to it but now I can use it effectively. And I have been using Reaper before ;)

SLiC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:30 am Well, audio editing in Bitwig is far superior to say Live (they still don’t even have in clip edit) but not as good as the standard liniar DAWs like Studio One or Cubase....I guess which one you use will depend on what’s most important to you, none of them do it all! Personally if I am working with mainly audio in a liniar way I work in Studio One with Melodyne....I don’t expect Bitwig to ever get as good with audio editing as DAWs like this (although I agree it can get a lot better,) but then Studio One doesn’t have clips, racks, unified modulation or the grid ;-)
You'd think that Bitwig would be all about audio and midi editing, considering that their target is Live performance. Basically you have a bunch of audio clips and midi triggers that you need to edit/shape/move around really fast and on the fly. ;) What's strange is that their main focus seems to be on sound design, which I would expect more from a studio daw like Studio one, where you take your time (hours) to find the right sounds before converting to audio. Hmmm...

joeballs wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:45 pm
You'd think that Bitwig would be all about audio and midi editing, considering that their target is Live performance. Basically you have a bunch of audio clips and midi triggers that you need to edit/shape/move around really fast and on the fly. ;) What's strange is that their main focus seems to be on sound design, which I would expect more from a studio daw like Studio one, where you take your time (hours) to find the right sounds before converting to audio. Hmmm...
A studio DAW? You mean like Bitwig Studio?

joeballs wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:45 pm

How and why did you conclude that Bitwig's "target is Live performance?"

I've always seen it marketed and represented as a studio, production-focused DAW with a specific heavy-leaning toward sound design and modular programming.

so I think the issue here is that you misunderstand who the target audience is, frankly.

Well, it hit me, mainly for its live capabilities... I don‘t know if I was a target or if I am a colateral hit... I don‘t care too much...

Return to “Bitwig”