Bitwig 2.5.1 RC 1 available

Official support for: bitwig.com
pdxindy
KVRAF
14952 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:16 am

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.5.1 RC 1

Fixes
  • Control scripts that don't require any hardware (eg MIDI or USB) don't automatically start when added
  • Plug-ins that incorrectly list their parameters with non-unique IDs (like BeatSkillz Slam Pro) don't work correctly
  • Controller visualizations shown in the status bar may not always show the correct value when the parameter is changed in the Biwig Studio user interface
  • Stereo Split Device is -6dB too quiet
  • The timing on some modulation routings would be one processing buffer late
Regression Fixes
  • Value displays for plug-in parameters not updated on controllers in 2.5 if the parameter is not currently visible in the parameter list in the device chain
  • Some very old projects that were create in 1.1.x where the user had copied the master track into a nested track group's track list meant that the project could not open in 2.3.x or later

SB-SIX
KVRist
170 posts since 30 Mar, 2015

Re: Bitwig 2.5.1 RC 1 available

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Thanks for the quick fix on the params not being updated on controller!

kpv
KVRist
101 posts since 13 Mar, 2018

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:17 am

I hope Bitwig announces 3.0 shortly after 2.5.1, I'm eager to see what's new in the new major update to the DAW.

odz
KVRist
130 posts since 3 Sep, 2016

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:04 am

I reported a bug in 2.5, could someone who's trying 2.5.1 check if it's present there as well? I'm not feeling up to installing a beta just to check.

Clip sliding is broken in reversed audio, see the gifs:

apoclypse
KVRer
27 posts since 17 Oct, 2018

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:41 am

"The timing on some modulation routings would be one processing buffer late"

Man I thought I was going crazy. The Audio Sidechain modulation was always behind and I thought it was something I was doing wrong.

kurt008
KVRer
7 posts since 16 May, 2008 from Germany

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:08 am

Dont't say:"I can't..." as long as you did not try it at least once!

askewd
KVRian
737 posts since 6 Nov, 2004 from UK

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:57 am

"The timing on some modulation routings would be one processing buffer late"

Hopefully this will fix the issue I was having yesterday when trying to automate the waves "de-breath" plugin while it was contained within the stereo split container. The automation timing was well off. Also when bypassing it it resulted in a burst of audio.

arrakeen
KVRist
186 posts since 10 Apr, 2002

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:30 pm

odz wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:04 am
I reported a bug in 2.5, could someone who's trying 2.5.1 check if it's present there as well? I'm not feeling up to installing a beta just to check.

Clip sliding is broken in reversed audio, see the gifs:

Still broken in 2.5.1, I just found quite a few quirks with it - can't say I'm a fan of audio editing in BW. :?

SLiC
KVRAF
3279 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:30 pm

Well, audio editing in Bitwig is far superior to say Live (they still don’t even have in clip edit) but not as good as the standard liniar DAWs like Studio One or Cubase....I guess which one you use will depend on what’s most important to you, none of them do it all! Personally if I am working with mainly audio in a liniar way I work in Studio One with Melodyne....I don’t expect Bitwig to ever get as good with audio editing as DAWs like this (although I agree it can get a lot better,) but then Studio One doesn’t have clips, racks, unified modulation or the grid ;-)
i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Yokai
KVRist
434 posts since 7 Nov, 2017

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:58 am

Be sure to submit bug reports to beta@bitwig.com
Bitwig | Ableton | Windows 10
baphometrix.com | My YouTube producer tutorials

fwsuperhero
KVRist
314 posts since 26 Jul, 2012 from Prague, czech republic

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:29 am

SLiC wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:30 pm
Well, audio editing in Bitwig is far superior to say Live (they still don’t even have in clip edit) but not as good as the standard liniar DAWs like Studio One or Cubase....I guess which one you use will depend on what’s most important to you, none of them do it all! Personally if I am working with mainly audio in a liniar way I work in Studio One with Melodyne....I don’t expect Bitwig to ever get as good with audio editing as DAWs like this (although I agree it can get a lot better,) but then Studio One doesn’t have clips, racks, unified modulation or the grid ;-)
I just decided to learn the bitwig audio editing. It is different but nice. It took me a while as I am not used to it but now I can use it effectively. And I have been using Reaper before ;)

Return to “Bitwig”