Beat Up! (Electronic)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mainly Dune 3, P900 and Sunrizer....
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/beat-up

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 9

Comments: Love the bass line on this one. What did you use for drums? I don't know, maybe my ears are going but it seems like there's not a lot of high end on this one. Maybe Layzer can confirm but it seems mostly in the low to mid range. Bass seems to dominate slightly. It's not off by a lot but to my ears I'd like more air at the top. Interesting piece. While melodically minimalist, the variations keep it interesting.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:14 pm Maybe Layzer can confirm
its smiling
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Love the sounds used and the energy the track gives throughout. Not a huge fan of the ending, but that is subjective at best. The noodling at the end actually builds great anticipation which is why I think the end suffers a bit.

Still it a good listen all the way around.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:14 pm My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 8.5

Overall - 9

Comments: Love the bass line on this one. What did you use for drums? I don't know, maybe my ears are going but it seems like there's not a lot of high end on this one. Maybe Layzer can confirm but it seems mostly in the low to mid range. Bass seems to dominate slightly. It's not off by a lot but to my ears I'd like more air at the top. Interesting piece. While melodically minimalist, the variations keep it interesting.
Thank you. For drums i used a mixture from Logic, P900 and Dune 3.

thejonsolo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:05 am Love the sounds used and the energy the track gives throughout. Not a huge fan of the ending, but that is subjective at best. The noodling at the end actually builds great anticipation which is why I think the end suffers a bit.

Still it a good listen all the way around.
Thank you. Yep, the end was maybe a bit weird and like you hear a very improved random play (on a computer keyboard as midi input with some randomized values) :) .

@2:04 love the drop elements there.
Only comment would be on mixing - certain points where clarity is needed.
Not many songs can keep me listening from start to finish, but your's had enough excitement and variation to keep me wondering "whats going to happen next?" 80% of songs on here I am skipping through, but this was different.
Good one :tu:

Nice EDM/IDM or possibably even soundtrack.

The ending kind of catches you off guard but on a repeat listen the musical hijinks work for me.

EDM with a touch of eighties. Enjoyed listening.
Greetings
HM

Return to “Music Cafe”