Which Software is Better?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love this endless goalpost-shifting. Anyway, your choice of DAW is not why you're not making money on music.

I'm sorry but can you point out how/where because I'm not seeing it. And of course our choice of host application has no bearing on our ability to make money, we're not interested in making money from music. I'm not suggesting we wouldn't be happy if we were but it's not why we do it in any measure. Yes, occasionally we make concessions to our label, an extra chorus or a shorter edit or whatever, but that's about getting it out there to more people. Given the current royalty rates from tings like Spotify, I doubt anyone is making money any more unless they can sell tens of thousands of CDs (and all the digital sales that go with that). The rest of us are just doing what we love for the sake of it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Theres no "best" DAW. It's finding the one that fits best with your production style or what you like personally. Different strokes for different folks. For example, someone might love the reverb plugins in Logic vs. FL or the other way around. Doesn't make either one better or worse, its just a personal preference.

Whatever works for you. I started with FL Studio......I couldn't get my head around it. Moved to Cubase, never looked back. I learnt many moons ago on Logic 3 or something! Definitely personal preference.

rhysaudio wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:57 am Unfortunately you really do need to try them for yourself.
Take note of This!

Personally I use Logic X but I wish I'd never sold Live 9 Suite as it worked out best for me, was gonna buy Bitwig but again... looks great but this upgrade stuff every year put me off..

Reason is definitely a good choice if you want to learn how modular synthesizers work, and how you chain devices together using gate and CV signals.
Sweet child in time...

Are certain DAW's really better depending on the genre you're aiming to produce?

Let's not stray too far from the topic. The OP asks a question, and demands an answer. So, what is better, FL Studio or Reason? I say, Studio One 4 Pro.

AnX wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:08 pm assuming you are under 18, like all fl/reason users, your best bet is to grow the f**k up and use a real host.
There is a lot of truly great music made with FL Studio.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

flatorange6690 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:55 am Reason or Fl Studio?
I've used both, but eventually transitioned into Ableton Live.

When I first started, I tried out FL Studio and Reason, and even used Reason re-wired into Ableton. I really love the drum sequencer within Reason called re-drum, as it is very simple and straight forward to get some ideas down fast. As of now, I use Maschine as a VST within Ableton Live, and love it. Ableton seems to be more intuitive and easier to use IMO, but if I had to choose between Reason or FL Studio, I'd go with Reason.

ATS wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:37 pm
AnX wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:08 pm assuming you are under 18, like all fl/reason users, your best bet is to grow the f**k up and use a real host.
Avicii used FL

rob_lee wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:48 pm Bitwig but again... looks great but this upgrade stuff every year put me off..
You don't have to buy it every year.. I just upgraded from 1.3 two months ago. Just wait for 5 years without updating if you feel like it, and when some cool feature shows up...

NeoKortex88 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:33 am
ATS wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:37 pm
Avicii used FL
nuff said....

Studio one is my favourite.

For a phone-friendly workflow, be aware of Ableton Live Set export:
https://www.ableton.com/en/live/compare ... d-ios-apps

Any app with the option will give you a free ‘live lite’ license to try it out, if you go through the motions of exporting as an Ableton set and type in your email.

Maybe watch ‘getting started’ videos on a few of the big DAWs if you have time. Try them all, and follow your gut. The boards will never agree. What’s your favourite record? Who’s your favourite Beatle? Nobody can tell you.

I flip flop between Reason and Ableton, personally.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”