mac vs the world

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:53 am
Deep Purple wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:22 pm
Kongru wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:02 pm How about this: some people like Mac and some people like Windows.
Unfortunately there are certain people here who look at things in black and white and go out of their way to give their opinion on Mac or Windows as if it is incontrovertible fact.

It would be nice to just accept that what works for one person might not work for another, but that's not going to work for the people here who would argue with a brick wall over which operating system if 'better'.
That is not the kv......forum way. Please ban!!!
There is no such thing.

KVRaudio is not real.

The cake is a lie.

PSA: if you're having the issue I and numerous others have experienced with Mojave, everything hanging all the time, the culprit is Spotlight Indexing, which they appear to have rather botched.

Here's the fix: Disable System Integrity Protection; boot in Recovery, command/R; Utilities menu Terminal.
Type csrutil disable.

and reboot; now in regular Terminal, enter
sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist

(Turning it back on, do 'load' rather than 'upload' there. I never saw any use for the thing in the first place.)
This stays off, apparently.

Beats erasing the hard drive and all that shit.

Wow! I haven't had to go to those lengths to fix anything on any PC I've owned in a decade or more.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

And just like that, all debates about Mac vs Windows were just over.

Wikipedia was updated to reference this same thread and the above post.

The media was alerted.

Somewhere, tears were dropped as people looked for an entirely different issue to argue about.

Done.

:hihi:
Sweet child in time...

You think it's over? It's not over. It will never be over.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

elxsound wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:54 am And just like that, all debates about Mac vs Windows were just over.

Wikipedia was updated to reference this same thread and the above post.

The media was alerted.

Somewhere, tears were dropped as people looked for an entirely different issue to argue about.

Done.
And it's about time!

Linux
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Sux!

Kongru wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:31 amLinux

i'm not scrolling through hours of downloads to install, only to accomplish mundane tasks, with the option of 3 software choices as the reward. sorry.

jdnz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:46 am
Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:39 am I was told that the LCD panel and front glass are now one piece and that the insanity I experienced servicing the 12,2 is no more (I have not investigated this claim). What problems do you encounter servicing the newer ones?
yep, you now cut the adhesive and drop the entire screen assembly as one (and have to then stick it back in place when done - such a pain just to avoid screws)

but even once you're inside the fun doesn't end - we had to pull the ssd card from a 2015 imac (fusion drive) as it'd failed and was rendering the machine unbootable. With the display out you'd think it'd be just a simple case of pulling it but no - they decided to put the card on the BACK side of the logic board, and the way the heat pipe off the cpu is done means you need to pull ALL the internals (speakers, psu, the lot) just to get the logic board out, undo one screw and remove the ssd card

newer ones they've done it proper - flash chips soldered in, when the ssd goes bad just throw it out
Holy shit.

I HATE unserviceable/disposable electronics. There isn’t remotely enough recycling going on to even offset the harm this shit causes long term.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:31 am I HATE unserviceable/disposable electronics. There isn’t remotely enough recycling going on to even offset the harm this shit causes long term.
Yes... that's the Apple way of doing things (use and throw away), and their vision of "environment-friendly". :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

Apple will trade-in old hardware, and you can take anything they won't accept for trade-in to an Apple store and they will recycle it. They don't actually advise anyone to throw things away.
Sweet child in time...

Deep Purple wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:15 pm Apple will trade-in old hardware, and you can take anything they won't accept for trade-in to an Apple store and they will recycle it. They don't actually advise anyone to throw things away.
:lol:

I'm well aware of how Apple "recycles" their hardware. :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdwDvz47lNw&t=2s
Fernando (FMR)

The words in scare quotes, kind of an eye-roller IME.

Just nurture that beef some more, so

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”