SONICALLY Best VST Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

i know there are many Synth vs. Synth and whos better type of threads. However if you ONLY hear for the pur capability/sound of a Synths Oscillator/Sound Quality without looking at features what would the top ten look like?
Last edited by NeoKortex88 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

no idea, i never use just oscillators

Dinosaur
Impersonating
Virtual
Analogue
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Diva, Spire, FM8, Repro 1/5 are a couple that I find have exceptional sound.

Bazille

this is like, whats the best paint to paint a picture...
answer: who cares as long as it looks good.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I'd probably say Harmor overall. Can be clean, dirty, punchy. Very big and cutting, it's the good digital.

For pure analog, I'd give it to Reaktor Blocks or repro.

I think you already know about this instrument...

viewforum.php?f=74

OH and yeah mods dont read messages

For my own taste, I find the following amazing sounding, each one with its own flavor: RePro, DUNE 3, Legend, Sylenth1, U-NO-LX, Dagger, Bazille, Harmor. Some pure digital, some pure analog, some are in-between.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

It can only be OnePingOnly... (The PPC version for its retro sound)

Dune 3
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:49 am AmbieticaA, Yes, please keep me posted on your progress. Then we'll get your stuff to Fathom's users.

Someone asked me a very interesting question in a PM so I decided to post it here.

The question is what are currently the 10 very best software synths on the market.

This is seemingly an almost impossible question to answer since there are so many good ones now, especially recently. However I do have an opinion about this. So here's my list of the top 10. This is purely by sound quality, not by features.

1. Spectrasonics Omnisphere
2. uhe Diva
3. Synapse Audio Dune 3
4. DSAudio Thorn
5. Lennar Digital Sylenth
6. XFer Records Serum
7. Vengence VPS Avenger
8. SynthMaster
9. Reveal Sound Spire
10. uhe Zebra
11. SWA Fathom

Couple comments.

It's not very objective to put Fathom in the list, but hey man, it's my list, so why not.

Also, I'm aware that the feature set and interface of VPS Avenger and Serum are far and away beyond anything else on the market, maybe even more than Omnisphere. However I'm going purely by my own subjective opinion on the actual sound of the oscillators. So despite the fact that Serum and Avenger also happen to have killer sounding oscillators I had to place them just after Dune, Sylenth, and Thorn. The reason being is that there is something strangely analog and metallic in those three and that DSP magic puts them just a sliver ahead in terms of sound. Many people would put Sylenth ahead of Dune and Thorn, but Dune and Thorn have recently made massive additions to their software so its only fair to give them extra points for staying on the cutting edge all things being equal. Finally, most audio developers will tell you that Omnisphere and Diva are without a doubt in the top positions. I personally like Diva the best of all but Omnisphere has a virtual encyclopedia of analog synth samples so it's only fair to be objective, also interestingly their basic oscillator saw tooth is the best I've ever heard.

Mhhh...from my view:
1.P900
10....everything else...

I should Add Some more.
Sylenth1
ANA2
Synthmaster and SM1.
UVI Falcon
Both Repros
NI Monark and the Reaktor Blocks.
NI FM8
and Serum.
Add Diva like I said above (My Personal Fav) and thats really the Best Sounding Lineup for me.
The Sonic Top...11 I guess if you count Repro and SynthMaster as being 2 separate products But PFFFFT. Close enough.

One other Comment:
I did not include them on the list due to be them being DAW exclusives but Alchemy2 and Any of the 3 Main Ableton Synths (But especially Analog) also sound amazing.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

NeoKortex88 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:07 am Hey,

i know there are many Synth vs. Synth and whos better type of threads. However if you ONLY hear for the pur capability/sound of a Synths Oscillator/Sound Quality without looking at features what would the top ten look like?
in that case, i would have to say, a cat.

Return to “Instruments”