Asian Madness

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last week I released a "semi-song" on soundcloud divided into two parts, experimental electro house would probably be the most accurate definition, but that's up to you to decide. I hope you like the songs, any feedbacks or comparisons will be appreciated :)

https://soundcloud.com/brain-claim/brai ... an-madness

https://soundcloud.com/brain-claim/brai ... dness-part

My Feedback (Asian Madness Part 1)

Music - 6
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.5

Comments: Those are some fat synths. Hardware? Musically, a little odd, even for me. Parts of it, a little monotonous. The sounds are what make the piece. Really curious what synths you used for this.

Thanks for the feedback! I made the track on Renoise and used twinbass for all the synths and bass and m1 for the percussions, I usually rely heavily on sounds since I am not really musically talented :)

BrainClaim wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:27 pm Thanks for the feedback! I made the track on Renoise and used twinbass for all the synths and bass and m1 for the percussions, I usually rely heavily on sounds since I am not really musically talented :)
So all of that is software?

this is a sound designer's candy store spree, but i agree with wags.. not much
there musically. but production is big and powerful. :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Yup, kick and snare is from a recorded basic sample pack but otherwise everything is from software :)

Thanks for the feedback, layzer :)

layzer wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:19 am this is a sound designer's candy store spree...
Almost sounds like a soundset demo. There are several sections in the first track that sound like a collection of ideas strung together rather than a song. Not that the whole thing is incoherent, but I think there's more potential here than just sounding cool. Maybe it's just a question of the transitions being extreme on occasion? Of course, this might be intentional given the track titles.

Thought the second one made more sense as a complete piece. That squeaky synth at the end is awesome!
wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:33 pm Those are some fat synths
Maybe even verging on "phat"! :lol:

I enjoyed the second one over the first musically. It was quite enjoyable. Both had sounds so large and sharp, I could see their jagged outlines as they vibrated my ear holes.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Return to “Music Cafe”