is Nimbus more Realistic/Natural sounding than R4?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In general I find it to be more natural and interfere with the source less while still sounding cohesive. The Stone and wood Church presets are great starting points for lush stuff. R4 rooms are pretty vibey but not as good as verberate IMO

I gotta say I quite like Illusion. A lot. However... for the price of $250, it's missing some basic usability aspects (like a resizeable UI and preset navigation - though it's better than some others I've tried for sure). For $99, I think Verberate 2 is hard to beat in terms of sound, however... it just isn't as usable as it ought to be. Valhalla verbs are more immediately usable and easier/faster to tweak and sound really good, too. I suspect that with enough tweaking, Verberate 2 might sound better than Valhalla. But as much as I've tried today, I just can't come to grips with using it.

I didn't even bother installing 7th heaven pro as it's just too convolution. Illusion is fantastic sounding... better than Nimbus by a bit. However... Nimbus is still the best for me when looking at both how it sounds and just using it (though it sure won't win any beauty awards until maybe Izotope gets its hands into it) with one of the zillion presets or to just dial things in.

Now I just need to save up enough $$ to get it on sale (or used from KVR)!

I still have PhoenixVerb, didn't upgrade to Nimbus because there's never been a sane upgrade path but also I don't see how it could be any more 'natural' than Phoenix which is the most transparent verb I have. Yes it has the new 'warp' feature but to me that makes more sense in a less transparent verb like R4, which I have already.

Yeah - there's more controls and adjustments you can make in Nimbus vs Phoenix, not just Warp (which is a nice addition). The differences make, well, a difference.

@aMUSEd. In my experience, the most substantial addition Nimbus has is not the Warp section but the new set of early reflections; for me, it made this reverb more flexible.

I wasn't happy about the upgrade path either.

R2 and R4 were made to be character reverbs.

Return to “Effects”