Best piano vst

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mahbubr wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:21 pm Amore grand piano from precisionsound for kontakt. It's free!
Yeah, it does piano well. Alas, Amore has only a single velocity layer, so you're out of luck if you want to do ppp, pp, mp, mf, f, ff, fff... When you hit a key on a piano, it responds to your playing and produces different sounds; Amore doesn't.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

After reading this thread I bought the Key Suite Acoustic. I primarily use Galaxy Vintage D piano sounds but decided to give this a try after all of the great reviews.

Keysuite Acoustic is great!
Signatures are so early 2000s.

I personally like and use NI's Alicia's Keys the most. I think it sounds great. I also have Addictive Keys by XLN Audio and it's pretty good.

If you can manage to get a copy of SampleTank3 (not SampleTank 4!) -- it has a really decent sounding sampled grand piano VST at the very decently low price of free.

Whatever you do, stay away from Arturia's Piano V. That is a nasty system hog (on my system at least -- especially when you have the effects and reverb enabled!). Compared to NI's series of Piano's VST -- it uses much more resources than anything else I have :-(
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

judging from the demos keysuite acoustic sounds great and the scope and value for money seem incredible. However, I do not like iLok(-only) protection. What is more, I got an UVI grand piano with my arturia keylab88 and do not know if that one is identical to what is included in keysuite. However, I was not that much impressed with it (compared the the galaxy piano products).

I really want to love Pianoteq. I am a big fan of the idea of physical modeling. No noise, for one thing. And lots of modifications are possible! But there is just something off about the way it sounds. Not quite realistic. A little underwater. The attack is a little strange. I do like the sustained sound of the low registers on the Grotrian. I almost pulled the trigger on Pianoteq Pro. But then I ran some classical MIDI files through my DAW (it plays the piano much better than I do!) comparing Pianoteq with a couple of sampled pianos, and the oddness of Pianoteq's sound became highly apparent. All the sampled pianos just had so much more sparkle and richness, even Addictive Keys, which I got free with my audio interface. I tried saturating the top-end of Pianoteq, and that helped a little...

For the moment, I am happier with The Grandeur and The Gentleman.

I haven't tried Ravenscroft, Ivory II, Garritan, Hammersmith, and so on, all of which seem great.

Any small improvement in Pianoteq 7 and I will be a buyer.

Last week got the Plastic Ghost piano on sale
http://dulcitone1884.virb.com/plastic-ghost-piano

Hope to get it to blend in with the Felt Piano.
https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/felt-piano/
I have the Free Soft (felt) Piano
https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:42 pm Any small improvement in Pianoteq 7 and I will be a buyer.
Any small improvement? Do you find version 6 is that bad?

telecode wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:46 pm
If you can manage to get a copy of SampleTank3 (not SampleTank 4!) -- it has a really decent sounding sampled grand piano VST at the very decently low price of free.
What is the patch name of the piano you are referring to, please?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

enCiphered wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:55 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:42 pm Any small improvement in Pianoteq 7 and I will be a buyer.
In my opinion Pianoteq 6 is almost there.
Any small improvement will make it worth buying.

Last time I looked for pianos I remember having a hard time finding pianos that are a bit more modest, everybody just does Steinways, I want just a normal upright, the kind a normal person would have in their home, not beat-up or out of tune, just a modest upright piano. I know N.I have a couple of uprights, but they're pretty character-ish.

BERFAB wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:17 pm
telecode wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:46 pm
What is the patch name of the piano you are referring to, please?

Cheers
-B
It's just one instrument. The icon says it's a sample of a German grand piano. I'll send a screenshot.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:18 pm
enCiphered wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:55 pm
In my opinion Pianoteq 6 is almost there.
Any small improvement will make it worth buying.
Sorry but you couldn´t be more wrong. You are of course entitled to your opinion and every person has their own way of looking at things. I respect that and thats a good thing :). It´s just that version 6 is really worth every single cent.
I remember a lot of your posts on different other subforums because I´m a huge fan of creative tools myself and I realized that you often post that you will buy something in the future. You post links to all kind of tools that you want etc..
It seems that you are always waiting for something perfect and unfortunately miss to just make music with what is already on the market.
Or you just don´t know what you want exactly.
Pianoteq has tons of awards for being among the best software instruments available for years and there are hundreds and thousands of professional piano players and producers making millions with selling their music created with Pianoteq 5 and 6 modelled pianos and of course even previous versions.
If you are not able to make good use of the momentary version you won´t be able to do so with future ones, believe me.
Don´t search for perfection. This is a bad thing that just distracts you from doing what you want to do.
I don´t want to tell you what to do of course, just to help if I can :tu:

I have so/too many interesting and great sounding toys that now I have the luxury of time to wait not only for Pianoteq 7 but for other plugins to update and then wait a bit more for when there is a good discount sale before I commit my fund$. :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”