DAW with chord assistant

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does any daw have a chord assistant like cubase? I don't mean a chord track but something that quickly draws chords. I'm a guitar player and key chords are new to me. I just don't get along with cubase and wondering if any other daw has a similar feature.

Signatures are so early 2000s.

Studio One 4. Cubase is the AARP of DAW's lol.

Well thanks, I discovered the studio x addon for studio one and that has exactly what I needed integrated into the midi editor. Unfortunately, I don't know for how long because the developer has stopped developing it.

FLStudio has the stamp tool. Lets you select whatever chord/scale/percussion patterns you want from a list and basically stamp it into the piano roll as needed. You can also set the piano roll to highlight the grid for all the notes that are in a scale you select. Or you can set it to automatically figure out what scale you're laying down and it'll adjust the grid highlighting as you go.

Logic has a built in chorder. Basically press any key on a keyboard and it will generate chords.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

^^^ Image
the big question what was happened with the Global Chord track in it,
The Global Chord Track has been removed from LPX.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5309508
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Kongru wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:10 pm Studio One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQVievjF7fQ
I can't stand the way these chord assistant apps work, why not just have an option to drag chords after previewing them. I really thought Presonus,being the daw to drag n drop everything would've had a better workflow here. :scared:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

I would really consider to look at all the great tools outside DAW cause this way you are far more flexible and there is (even OUTSIDE max for live which stands on his own) lot of great tools these days. Just to mention a few:

- Captain plugins
- I2C8
- Scaler

Studio One 4 chord track can change existing chords to match the chord track, but it doesn't generate chords or notes for you. You must first have already entered, or played, some placeholder chords into your track to work with.

Scaler would probably be a good plugin to generate chords with.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

There's a million plugs that keep your notes in a scale and have scale lock or even turn your note into a chord. Waveform actually makes the chords for you, and has a bunch of different preset for chord types. Then it'll make the bassline for you, and again you can pick a bassline type. Then it'll build and arp for you all in key. And if that's not enough you can then paint a melody in midi and it'll only allow you to select the notes that are in key. Just saying. That's next level and super sweet to work with. I don't think enough people realize how great a sketching daw Waveform has become. It's a music theory god mode hack.

I think I'll go with the studio x addon for now, it works the fastest for me. My songs are already written and I don't need any of that "suggest a chord" progression stuff. Just need to simply add chords effortlessly so as it doesn't slow down the creative flow.

backpage wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:59 pm I think I'll go with the studio x addon for now, it works the fastest for me. My songs are already written and I don't need any of that "suggest a chord" progression stuff. Just need to simply add chords effortlessly so as it doesn't slow down the creative flow.
Where do you got the studio X addon from as I cannot find any download link???

Studio X is no longer available (pulled by the Dev).
Even if you have the extension, it will no longer run.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”