Trouble with Reformer Pro

Official support for: krotosaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Reformer Pro. The plugin installs fine. It loads fine. Clicking a preset or clicking anything that will start the library samples to load will cause Reformer to crash & crashes FL studio (my DAW) to desktop. This will happen every time I make an attempt to use the plugins sample libraries.

I have had this plugin working 100% fine last year.

I've reinstalled windows & all my programs since. Now my task is to work out what's causing this behaviour. The only changes I can think of is that I'm using a new anti virus (bitdefender) & CC cleaner. I've played around with the anti virus settings including ransomeware & have only managed to load up the Reformer samples successfully without crash once. I have not been able to repeat this again. I'm still unsure whether something in the anti virus is to blame or not. I have tried disabling & uninstalling bitdefender. I've also tested Reformer in Reaper (DAW) I get the same behaviour so I think FL studio is not to blame.

I wonder has anyone experienced this behaviour before with Reformer Pro ? or, maybe has some tips to aid my troubleshooting.

Hi,

Many thanks for letting us know about this issue.

Please try disabling your antivirus and see if that makes a difference.

If not please contact Krotos support at the following link: https://www.krotosaudio.com/contact/

Thanks

Krotos

Hi,

I've already been in communication with Krotos tech support. Been troubleshooting with them for the past week.

I've uninstalled my anti virus completely & reinstalled Reformer Pro. It has not made a difference. I can't work out what's going on with this plugin. It's a real nut buster. Tried Reformer Pro in both FL Studio 20 & Reaper (up to date versions).

Fixed !!!

It was bad Nvidia graphics driver causing all the trouble. Updated driver fixed it. Never would have guessed a graphics driver would be to blame.

sorry, double post
Last edited by Daisuk on Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bartacus wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:14 pm Fixed !!!

It was bad Nvidia graphics driver causing all the trouble. Updated driver fixed it. Never would have guessed a graphics driver would be to blame.
Hey! Old thread, this, but I'm having the same problem as you had. Which NVIDIA driver did you have to update? It seems as though mine can be graphics related as well. I load up the plugin in Ableton Live, it shows up just fine at first, then suddenly the main window just turns white, and it crashes Live.

I have the latest Nvidia GForce drivers, so no chance really updating them either. Did you maybe tweak a setting somewhere, or something?

Return to “Krotos”