Dance with me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good day, friends!

"Dance with me" is an uplifting melodic wave track laced with few elements of 80s era. Do give the track a listen, when you can. I hope some of you will like it. :)

Cheers! :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/dance-with-me

the keys and leads were nice, bass and drums were about as basic as can be.
tempo could have been a little faster, imo. nothing that stuck out
terribly bad in the mix. just a little plain.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

It’s not bad but it dosen’t say much to me. Maybe “life can be boring”.
Last edited by fastlanephil on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

layzer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:28 pm the keys and leads were nice, bass and drums were about as basic as can be.
tempo could have been a little faster, imo. nothing that stuck out
terribly bad in the mix. just a little plain.
Thanks for the listen and your valuable feedback, mate. I will sure work on your suggestions :tu:

fastlanephil wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:22 am It’s not bad but it dosen’t day much to me. Maybe “life can be boring”.
Thanks for giving it a listen, mate :tu:

layzer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:28 pm drums were about as basic as can be.
tempo could have been a little faster
I actually suspect these two observations are directly related. I also get the feeling the track would be better sped up a bit. But I also think that it sounds plodding because there's a lack of action and movement in the drum parts. It's possible that speeding everything is really just going to mask the symptoms, which is that the drums themselves could simply be a lot more exciting and complement the melodic content.

Add some double hits on kick and snare for accents, remove the full quantisation on the claps for some groove, and add some fills and it should already breathe in some life.

I could def see this in some 80's movie cut scenes. Love the spacy leads (some remind me of BOC). I disagree about the speed...feels fine to me for the feelings it evokes. Could potentially handle a layer of lyrics as well. Nicely done.

Nice.
But you can let your lead synths breath a little.
The first breath they take is at 1:36.
If you've every had a conversation with someone who talked non-stop, thats what its like.
Overall, liked the vibe.

sjm wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:11 pm
layzer wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:28 pm drums were about as basic as can be.
tempo could have been a little faster
I actually suspect these two observations are directly related. I also get the feeling the track would be better sped up a bit. But I also think that it sounds plodding because there's a lack of action and movement in the drum parts. It's possible that speeding everything is really just going to mask the symptoms, which is that the drums themselves could simply be a lot more exciting and complement the melodic content.

Add some double hits on kick and snare for accents, remove the full quantisation on the claps for some groove, and add some fills and it should already breathe in some life.
Very gracious of you to give such detailed suggestions. I am still an amateur hobbyist, will sure try to incorporate whatever I could.

mindstuff wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:01 pm I could def see this in some 80's movie cut scenes. Love the spacy leads (some remind me of BOC). I disagree about the speed...feels fine to me for the feelings it evokes. Could potentially handle a layer of lyrics as well. Nicely done.
Glad that you liked it. Thanks for the listen :tu:

Bansaw wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:52 pm Nice.
But you can let your lead synths breath a little.
The first breath they take is at 1:36.
If you've every had a conversation with someone who talked non-stop, thats what its like.
Overall, liked the vibe.
Thanks for the valuable input on the breath and listening, will sure work on this aspect :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”