Rx6 vs Rx7

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
gdgross
KVRer
13 posts since 19 Nov, 2014

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:02 pm

Anyone here used both? I'm an Rx6 user when need be, and wondering if the upgrade is worth it, haven't been able to find much practical info online.

Specifically, I'm interested in an upgrades to the debleed module:
1. In Rx6 it had to be used standalone. fingers crossed that in RX7 i can use it as a DAW plugin...
2. In RX6, it was good enough for removing or reducing click bleed but not much else. I had several live recordings with bleed from various mics that I was unable to reduce significantly. One, in fact, was only drum bleed into a vocal mic, so it was to my mind a relatively simple bleed situation, but I wasn't really able to remove much of the drums at all. Does Rx7 improve on the debleed performance compared to RX6?

Thanks!
Geoff

zacha
KVRer
11 posts since 14 Oct, 2018

Re: Rx6 vs Rx7

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:26 pm

I can’t speak to 2., but I can confirm 1. De-bleed still isn’t a real-time plugin for RX7. If you use Pro Tools (I don’t) some modules are newly able to be used in Audiosuite, but I’m not sure which.

Going from 6 to 7, some of the best new features were:

Elements - Repair assistant (useful for new users, buying this version)
Standard - Music rebalance, some modules from advanced now in standard
Advanced - Music rebalance, dialogue de reverb

gdgross
KVRer

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 am

Thanks - sounds like to me it’s probably not worth the upgrade then! :-)

gdgross
KVRer

Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:53 am

I’d be happy if they made the debleed module like melodyne, where you have to play it in first. Wouldn’t be a real-time plug-in, but you’d still be able to use it al in your daw...

Return to “Effects”