Updated Synthmaster One - Bitdefender blocks it and reports Ransonware behaviour

Official support for: kv331audio.com
ZincT
KVRist
49 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Post Mon May 13, 2019 10:58 am

After updating Synthmaster One to the latest version I just tried to run it but it was blocked by Bitdefender AV.

Bitdefender also popped up a warning of Ransomware behaviour and offered to recover encrypted files (SynthmasterOneFactoryWaveforms.xml, FavouritePresets.txt, SynthmasterOnePresets.xml and SynthMasterProducts.xml ).

I am assuming that this is a false positive and normal behaviour for SM1.
Can anyone please confirm?

Thanks

P.S. I have also raised a ticket with Bitdefender support.

kv331
KVRAF
5686 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Re: Updated Synthmaster One - Bitdefender blocks it and reports Ransonware behaviour

Post Wed May 15, 2019 11:07 pm

That's a false positive. Those are plain text files by the way.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

ZincT
KVRist
49 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Re: Updated Synthmaster One - Bitdefender blocks it and reports Ransonware behaviour

Post Thu May 16, 2019 6:32 am

Thanks, that's what I suspected but I always like to be certain. I just had a reply from BD along the same lines.
In fact I had a similar problem with BD on the SM1 GUI editor a few months back which, in fairness BD fixed.

I switched from Kaspersky around 18 months ago and have regretted it due to false positives ever since.
It seems to happen a lot on music/audio production software for some reason e.g. most recently on Synthmaster One and TH-U (full, paid for versions). Anyway, I picked up Kaspersky in a deal yesterday so I am switching back.

Return to “KV331 Audio”