what is your fantasy hardware?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:53 am This is another thing I am mildly interested in:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pi ... lar-synthe

I can afford it, the fantasy part is that I would actually pay that much to a kickstarter campaign.
Again, maybe. Although, I probably don't really need that.
You could make it more manageable by purchasing it in instalments - plant first, telephone exchange later.

^ That's true, they don't say anything about the plant. For that kind of scratch, the plant should come with. If that's even a real plant, of course, it would probably be better for me if it was fake, so I wouldn't be able to kill it in a few weeks, via neglect.

One easy piece of hardware will never be enough regardless of the cost.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

id play but this has become a little scattered. does it have to be ONE piece? or a dream setup (modular)? does it have to exist? or can it be fantasy?

pekbro wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:23 am ^ That's true, they don't say anything about the plant. For that kind of scratch, the plant should come with. If that's even a real plant, of course, it would probably be better for me if it was fake, so I wouldn't be able to kill it in a few weeks, via neglect.
Perhaps it's actually in a symbiotic relationship with the machine, and draws its life force from it, so you wouldn't need to water it?

Dasheesh wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:53 pm id play but this has become a little scattered. does it have to be ONE piece? or a dream setup (modular)? does it have to exist? or can it be fantasy?
well "one piece" insofar as its packaged and sold as such. like my example of the fusion drone system...thats individual modules...but erica synths will put them all together for you in that specific configuration...the "fusion drone system". and yes it has to exist. the fantasy is that its something you think is too expensive or otherwise impractical and you wouldnt really buy it...but still you love to have one.
ImageImageImage

I almost got the fusion drone, I didn’t want to pay import tax on it. Also the tubes or whatever seemed like they would be problematic if they needed repair or something.

Moog as a reseller wants $3000 for it :lol:

It's a cliche - but one that i can live with (if i had the room)

^ 5U is cool, some of the smaller systems aren’t too bad cost wise. Particularly if you can DIY. I was surprised though, what I paid for my Eurorack system so far would buy a nice smaller 5U synth actually.

Not a moog of course, but a great copy none the less.

guess I'll be the first to go schmidt, possibly the hartmann 20k if we are just being excessive. seems like a modular system is a collection of parts by definition, and it's not fantasy if it has to exist. :-P

pekbro wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:11 am ^ 5U is cool, some of the smaller systems aren’t too bad cost wise. Particularly if you can DIY. I was surprised though, what I paid for my Eurorack system so far would buy a nice smaller 5U synth actually.

Not a moog of course, but a great copy none the less.
:tu:

Since this is a fantasy game, I'd just go for the name brand :hihi: - the best mono that I've got right now is a Voyager XL, which would probably lend itself well to being expanded using a variety of modules from a bunch of different manufacturers - but no room.

a stack of like... 6 little phattys chained would be cool.

I have everything I want that is available to buy. My fantasy devices would be a Waldorf Rocket with the three octave keyboard from KeyStep and patch memory, plus a three octave Roli, a Seaboard Rise 37. Beyond that, my fantasies revolve around getting rid of stuff, not acquiring more.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Dasheesh wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:25 am a stack of like... 6 little phattys chained would be cool.
- especially if you could gut-'em-and-rack-'em - put their innards under control of some weird computer/hardware sequencer system.

The coolest system that I ever saw - sitting alone in an empty warehouse, oddly enough - was a custom-boxed Oberheim 4-voice that Ronnie Montrose/Gamma had toured with, that my friend was offering to me to buy (he was singing with Ronnie at the time). He never came up with a price; otherwise i might still have that beauty in my possession. There was talk of my joining (i probabaly would have worked just for the possession of the damned thing! lol) but Ron could be a very difficult person to work with - I also knew someone that was his guitar tech for a while that said the same thing. An amazing guitar player, though. The world lost a great artist.

Anyway: Take my word for it: the custom work was fantastic; it was tre-cool! :tu:

Just for the hell of it, here's a piece in which the synth was used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGbBkq1Mfek

pekbro wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:53 am This is another thing I am mildly interested in:

Is it a hardware version of Synplant?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”