Amfi
KVRer
11 posts since 30 Dec, 2018

Post Fri May 17, 2019 3:07 am

antic604 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:48 pm
Amfi wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 pm
currently not really possible to change the length of a clip in the arrange window using the pen on a surface pro due to some UI glitch
Sure it is - you grab & hold the clip with one finger and on the outer ring you'll have brackets to drag out.

Why would you use the pen in a music app?
Just try it. It doesn't work with a surface pen (talking about pen, not touch here)

It does work with a Wacom pen display though, where the pen emulates a mouse.

DAW work with a pen is awesome. Check out how e.g. Stimming works in his studio. It's how I work too and it's so much faster than using a mouse.

antic604
KVRAF
2316 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: Bitwig 3.1 Composer-Focused Update: Top-3 Wishes Poll

Post Fri May 17, 2019 5:48 am

Amfi wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:07 am
Just try it. It doesn't work with a surface pen (talking about pen, not touch here)

DAW work with a pen is awesome. Check out how e.g. Stimming works in his studio. It's how I work too and it's so much faster than using a mouse.
In Settings / Behaviour there's an option for pen gestures - have you tried toggling it?
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

nsq
KVRist
200 posts since 23 Feb, 2009 from Pixelland

Post Fri May 17, 2019 7:23 am

aquilyzer wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 pm
- direct preview like FL (ALT+Right Click) in piano roll and arrangement
+ 10000

Amfi
KVRer
11 posts since 30 Dec, 2018

Post Fri May 17, 2019 8:04 am

antic604 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:48 am
Amfi wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:07 am

In Settings / Behaviour there's an option for pen gestures - have you tried toggling it?

Yes, unfortunately it doesn't solve the issue.

svervs
KVRist
411 posts since 16 Mar, 2013 from BLN

Post Fri May 17, 2019 11:17 pm

Midi Grid :pray:

SLiC
KVRAF
3534 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Fri May 17, 2019 11:20 pm

CV Grid

See CV tools for all the fun modules that can be in a dedicated CV Grid!
i7 Win 10 PC+ Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, Cubase10, Live9, X32 Desk. , DM12, P8, Virus TI, Syst1m, 500hp Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, Heat, Digitone, Deluge, MPC Live, OP-Z, Mother+DFAM, Drums, Guitars, Basses and Amps

Tj Shredder
KVRAF
2473 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 am

CV is audio. Its already there...

zengel
KVRist
113 posts since 12 Jul, 2015

Post Sat May 18, 2019 8:14 am

-Extend the touchscreen possibilities , more gesture, letting us resize everything (for exemple for a track with the ring selection make an option to resize on the second ring with the second finger),draw on every automation (including automation panel) with our finger. The actual behavior of the touchscreen fonction break the workflow in many aspect and does not let us work without mouse.
-gate mode for clips
-snapshot for individual and global elements (like Clyphx snapshot)

Dan_CF
KVRer
23 posts since 5 Nov, 2018

Post Sat May 18, 2019 9:15 am

JHernandez wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Did they really say they'll "start catering again to composers" and adding "regular" DAW features? Where? In private? Just wondering, I haven't seen or heard anything like that. I did see that "Looking Ahead" statement but it's petty vague.

In any case, from the poll thread, in no particular order of importance:

1: Advanced tools in the piano roll (scrub, velocity ramp, chop, strum, stretch, etc.)
2: Groove quantize with custom templates
3: Track comping (quick)

Bonus:

I use Drum Machine so much that whatever makes it easier and quicker to work with is welcomed. Therefor it would nice if the pads on Drum Machine can be set to follow MIDI. I wouldn't mind something like Live's Return Chains in Drumracks for Drum Machine as well. Really handy feature imo.

Going with Antic and OP on this one: "stretching of audio & MIDI clips on the timeline" and Echoes on this one "Good quality timestretch mode in Sampler . . ."

Also, does anyone know where I can get buy a Bitwig T-shirt? 8)
100% for piano roll advanced tools. Groove quantize and templates would be super sweet and useful too. Comping.

Im wishing also for more visual improvements like themes and 3d depth. The notes are very flat looking. Would be nice eye-candy

Additionally:

Visually see where the notes will be placed when humanizing and/or quantizing before OKing it and the ability to change the randomization result if we don't like it.

TIME MULTIPLIER IN SAMPLER. Just need a quick time multiplier in the sampler. Helps make drums snappier. Super needed!

Paint notes instead of only draw notes. Maybe pressing '3' twice to chose between paint and draw.

'Type in Value' in automation clips.

Ability to implement mousewheel to change parameters such as velocity. For ex: Alt+mousewheel up or down to increase or decrease velcity. Ctrl+shift+drag doesn't make sense now
Last edited by Dan_CF on Sat May 18, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dan_CF
KVRer
23 posts since 5 Nov, 2018

Post Sat May 18, 2019 9:16 am

Also, when looping clips, seeing the accumulated notes of all the looped clips is really weird when looking at the edit window. I wish you can only see the main loop (unless you copied clips instead of looping them). It's anxiety inducing like that.

krixa
KVRist
198 posts since 8 Apr, 2012

Post Sat May 18, 2019 9:40 am

1. GPU powered GUI
2. VCA faders
3. Miniature horisontal faders in mixer view (device chain) for automated parameters :D
Bitwig 2.5 | Maschine 2.8

JHernandez
KVRist
447 posts since 7 Dec, 2017

Post Sat May 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Oh yeah, the select knob on sampler. What with the percentage? 0-127 seems more useful.
-JH

andypryce
KVRist
147 posts since 2 Nov, 2014

Post Sat May 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Advanced Piano Roll.
Groove Tools
Automation shapes, clips

Jolaff
KVRist
442 posts since 25 Jan, 2014

Post Sun May 19, 2019 12:07 am

I would Like to have a modulator where we can draw line like in Serum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blakel50
KVRer
1 posts since 4 Mar, 2019

Post Tue May 21, 2019 6:11 pm

I feel like the biggest thing stopping me from using bitwig more is the difficulties in recording and comping audio for vocals or instrumental takes. Better midi and audio editing features for sure would be welcome. Step recording midi would be awesome. ARA seems to be standard in almost every daw so that would be welcome.

Return to “Bitwig”