How do i sell plugins on the marketplace here?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a guide or anything? I can't even find a sell option when i go into the marketplace

The marketplace is for plugin makers and such to sell their products. If you're selling licenses second-hand, you want viewforum.php?f=43. Post a new thread with what you're selling and your price. Payment is almost always through Paypal (buy and sell is best especially as a new seller since it provides the buyer with purchase protection). People will usually private message you if they're interested. Depending on what you're selling and how much you're asking, expect people to be hesitant to buy from someone with no buy and sell history. A good way to build up positive feedback is to buy stuff before selling, but sometimes that's not practical.

In the event that you're actually selling stuff you've developed, I don't know how to get listed on the actual Marketplace; maybe one of the devs or admins here can help you out.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 pmA good way to build up positive feedback is to buy stuff before selling, but sometimes that's not practical.
I've been buying and selling here for 10 years, and have dealt with members who don't have feedback. In cases where the member has yet to do any dealings, and even if they have, I will always read through their posting history to get an idea of how they conduct themselves on the forums. I think you can get a good idea of a members character, whether they are trustworthy etc. from seeing how they interact with others.

So, my advice would be to just spend some time being part of the community :tu:

Don't be mislead. I'm pretty new and I've had great luck here. I also do craigslist and the "sweetwater" classifieds.

I've read through the feedback thread, it's mostly positive. I really believe there is a good understanding here and you don't need to be too picky.

I have a few things I'd like to sell, that I no longer need.

Is payment generally received first ?
I don't want to hand over a licence and then someone just disappears with it without paying, so what is the general way of doing business here ?

Generally, you pay first ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:08 pm Generally, you pay first ...
I have a rob papen predator 2 and a D16 group luSH-101 I think i'd like to sell as I just never use them.
Im not sure how to transfer a rob papen licence as there is nothing on His site about it, and when I checked the d16 group site, it says the licence can only be transferred to an "existing User Area accounts" so I think that means I can only sell it to someone who already has a d16 account.......not very clear really.

That's usually how license transfers work. They can only be transferred to another account owner. Some devs charge a fee for this ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:29 pm That's usually how license transfers work. They can only be transferred to another account owner. Some devs charge a fee for this ...
are the dev fees mentioned as upfront costs or is this more of a sneaky underhanded arbitrary thing ??

If there's a fee you cant usually do the transfer before paying it ... nothing underhand. Some devs (PA for example) charge the new owner a fee rather than the seller. You'll need to check the transfer rules for each dev ...

If I remember correctly, Lush was an easy transfer (but it's been sometime)

When in doubt, ask the developer

I'm going to try and summarise the steps:

1. Decide what you would like to sell
2. Contact or read documentation on each respective company's website about what the transfer policy is and how much it costs
3. Add a single post with all the products you wish to sell in the marktplace, along with your prices for each item, do not suggest using PayPal Gift option as this can appear shady and gives the buyer no protection
4. Wait until you are PMed with interest and negotiate a price you're happy with if necessary until the you are both happy to proceed
5. Provide the buyer your PayPal address and wait for the money to be transferred; confirm you have received the funds
6. Mark any items as SOLD in your post
7. Obtain any necessary details from the buyer (email address, name .etc) that are required to transfer the license and follow the steps that you obtained in step 2 above
8. Ensure the buyer gets their license and is happy; you may provide feedback in the feedback thread for the buyer and also request they provide feedback for you as as seller

Have fun!

What's the 'AF' site that some peoples sale posts refer to ? (as In 'sold on AF').

Another forum? Probably Gearslutz or reverb.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”