The Harmonica Song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Hezekiel
KVRist
209 posts since 13 Dec, 2011

Post Sun May 19, 2019 6:35 am

Hi. This time I offer you another if latest hits. It is pop/rock style. I welcome comments and crits.

https://soundcloud.com/madrigal7/the-harmonica-song

remiblaze
KVRer
9 posts since 23 May, 2019

Re: The Harmonica Song

Post Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:58 am

This tune definitely has a cool and unique vibe to it. I dig the melody and instrumentation on this, the mix is solid and the arrangement good. I like the riffs and melody, definitely make the tune emotive and I feel it for sure. The sound layering is spot on too, the sounds all work well together. I vibe the breakdown too around the 3 min mark, thats nice and felt for sure. Nice tune!
DJ and Music Producer
https://soundcloud.com/remiblaze
http://www.remiblaze.com
T: iremiblaze | F: iremiblaze | Insta: iremiblaze | YT: remiblaze

fastlanephil
KVRian
751 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:22 pm

I liked your song.

I’m not sure about the upbeat drum pattern you’re switching to. Maybe just keeping a straight down beat would work better for this song.

Hezekiel
KVRist

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:03 am

[quote=fastlanephil post_id=7419091 time=1559618545 user_id=372173]
I liked your song.

I’m not sure about the upbeat drum pattern you’re switching to. Maybe just keeping a straight down beat would work better for this song.
[/quote]
Thanks for listening and tips. Maybe I will fix it later

Hezekiel
KVRist

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:05 am

[quote=remiblaze post_id=7417067 time=1559404723 user_id=441458]
This tune definitely has a cool and unique vibe to it. I dig the melody and instrumentation on this, the mix is solid and the arrangement good. I like the riffs and melody, definitely make the tune emotive and I feel it for sure. The sound layering is spot on too, the sounds all work well together. I vibe the breakdown too around the 3 min mark, thats nice and felt for sure. Nice tune!
[/quote]
Thanks for the comments

wagtunes
KVRAF
15783 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:24 am

My Feedback

Music - 7
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8.5
Mix - 9

Overall - 8.125

Comments: Musically pleasant enough. Just doesn't do much for me. Sounds kind of generic. Mix is decent. Performance is good if uninspiring. The sounds are pretty basic but they work for the tune. I'm not exactly sure what it is that fails to excite me. Kind of reminds me of the elevator music they used to play in the 90s. Like Yanni meets John Tesh. At one time I liked that stuff but now it kind of puts me to sleep. Plus, the song is just too long. And the abrupt ending just felt kind of meh. I don't know. This one just doesn't work for me, though it was certainly competently done.

Hezekiel
KVRist

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:04 pm

Thanks for the review.

Return to “Music Cafe”