Zinaptiq UNFILTER vs Ozone 8 Master Assistant is a fair comparison?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unfilter has been updated and is on sale for $150. I have Ozone 8 and demoing Unfilter now in a mastering context.
First impression is I really like what Unfilter does especially to the bottom end where with Ozone, what it does with the bottom end isn't as noticable to my ears though it does seem to tighten it up.Ozone adds a nice crispness to the highs. On the other hand, Unfilter you can just grab a frequency and boost for the same crisp high.Also noticed Zinaptiq Unfilter is hungrier than Ozone cpu wise which,after buying Intensity,I have to consider. A plugin that's too hungry isn't good for anything if I can't use it or have to not use plugins I want to use in order to be able to use it.
I wouldn't pay full price for Unfilter but this sale definitely has my attention. Just wondering what others think. Sometimes my GAS makes me hear what I want to hear. :)

I use Zynaptiq Unfilter for cleaning up and balancing the full mix before doing the final iZotope Ozone treatment. IMO both complement each other effectively.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:28 pm I use Zynaptiq Unfilter for cleaning up and balancing the full mix before doing the final iZotope Ozone treatment. IMO both complement each other effectively.
Thanks for the input martinjuenke. Yeah,I tried running both and my computer got a hernia before flat out saying, Oh Hell No!" lol

Try bouncing in between... That helps.

Or freezing...

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:41 pm Or freezing...
Could do that but no, doesn't work for me workflow wise. Just another hassle that slows me down.

martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:41 pm Try bouncing in between... That helps.
Realistically, I see myself using both for different cues but not at the same time and I won't make myself jump through hoops in order to use both plugins at the same time. Just not necessary.

Intensity eliminates most needs for saturation and compression, unfilter offer ways to use its eq'ing function (auto funtion like gullfoss is famous, but obvious can do more than just that)...leaves not much for ozone to be used, maybe only the limiter.

They'll obvious sound different, but mixing both in the same chain I'd guess won't be so often.

Cooker wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:43 pm Intensity eliminates most needs for saturation and compression, unfilter offer ways to use its eq'ing function (auto funtion like gullfoss is famous, but obvious can do more than just that)...leaves not much for ozone to be used, maybe only the limiter.

They'll obvious sound different, but mixing both in the same chain I'd guess won't be so often.
I agree. I bought it and once I set up my master bus, removed Ozone after doing a bunch of comparisons.They do sound a bit different but I find unfilter surprisingly easy to get the sound I want.

Return to “Effects”