Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2672 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:46 pm

3 Voice, Sequenced, Digital and Analog, 100% Eurorack...

https://soundcloud.com/user-663163390/resonance-evil

Synth: 1010 Bitbox (Synthbox Firmware), SubCon Vampire, Rossum Trident.
Effects: Magneto, Chronoblob 2, QPAS, SubCon Voice Tail.
Seq/Modulation: 1010 Toolbox...

Cheers...

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
45319 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:54 pm

that was lovely.
started out like some dark clockwork toys then became something more bright and airy towards the end.
will have to listen again tomorrow as its a bit late here now so was a bit quiet, so probably missed a lot of the movement and such :)
but still a great listen 8)


ps: stop making cool sounds and listing modules, im weak willed :hihi:

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2672 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Thanks vurt :)

Heh, while you don't list them specifically, your work has a similar effect on me :tu:
Loved the percussive piece btw, I still have some to catch up on. You are so productive
catching up can take some time :)

User avatar
toonertik
KVRian
1357 posts since 15 Feb, 2017 from a worn out vinyl groove

Re: Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:56 pm

'Bout time I got to hear some pekbro sounds...

As vurt said.. starts out like...
reminded me of some toy type scare movie... I'm sure you know the sort of thing I mean... cool sounds...

Interesting kit list>>> where are your make noise thingies (excluding QPAS).. no Maths? or you just being coy about sums and things... :D

thanx for posting. ))))

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2672 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:20 pm

toonertik wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:56 pm
'Bout time I got to hear some pekbro sounds...

As vurt said.. starts out like...
reminded me of some toy type scare movie... I'm sure you know the sort of thing I mean... cool sounds...

Interesting kit list>>> where are your make noise thingies (excluding QPAS).. no Maths? or you just being coy about sums and things... :D

thanx for posting. ))))
Thanks toonertik! I am eager to hear more of your efforts as well :)

About the MN stuff, I was just messing with the new modules after receiving them.
So no maths, the Toolbox can do a ton of stuff, 16 outputs, though they cant all
be everything. 8 independent LFOs, gate seq, cv seq, cv rec, cv play, note seq,
stuff like that. Also it has 4 midi outputs. E.g. a pretty handy module :tu:

It can generate patterns for controlling lasers as well I guess, though I have no lasers sadly.

mindstuff
KVRist
58 posts since 20 Mar, 2019

Re: Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:22 am

It may be cool from a gear/synths perspective, and I can respect that, but the high frequencies are out of control, I could barely finish the track. Simply a bunch of annoying noises imo, but I could be totally wrong (subjectivity is not helpful).

User avatar
toonertik
KVRian
1357 posts since 15 Feb, 2017 from a worn out vinyl groove

Re: Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:38 am

pekbro wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:20 pm


Thanks toonertik! I am eager to hear more of your efforts as well :)

I've posted 3 in Music Cafe...
1 is still on first page... another maybe page 2 or 3...
other is older and was an ode to vurt ..
"singing the vurts" just a neutron going into VCV_Rack..quiet fun.
I don't want to post link here on your thread. :wink:

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
45319 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:48 am

pekbro wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:43 pm
Thanks vurt :)

Heh, while you don't list them specifically, your work has a similar effect on me :tu:
Loved the percussive piece btw, I still have some to catch up on. You are so productive
catching up can take some time :)
i have the advantage of being medically retired, so i get to sit around doing nothing but this :hihi:
obviously that has the disadvantage of me not getting to buy as much stuff :lol:

It can generate patterns for controlling lasers as well I guess, though I have no lasers sadly.

er, get some!?!

now i want one, id love to do my own lazer show when im off my tree on the bong :hihi:

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2672 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:11 pm

mindstuff wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:22 am
It may be cool from a gear/synths perspective, and I can respect that, but the high frequencies are out of control, I could barely finish the track. Simply a bunch of annoying noises imo, but I could be totally wrong (subjectivity is not helpful).
I did title it Resonance Evil for a reason. :D thanks for listening and your take on it. I can’t say I would “entirely” disagree.

Cheers

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2672 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:16 pm

vurt wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:48 am
pekbro wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:43 pm
Thanks vurt :)

Heh, while you don't list them specifically, your work has a similar effect on me :tu:
Loved the percussive piece btw, I still have some to catch up on. You are so productive
catching up can take some time :)
i have the advantage of being medically retired, so i get to sit around doing nothing but this :hihi:
obviously that has the disadvantage of me not getting to buy as much stuff :lol:

It can generate patterns for controlling lasers as well I guess, though I have no lasers sadly.

er, get some!?!

now i want one, id love to do my own lazer show when im off my tree on the bong :hihi:
Heh certainly it did not escape me that a laser show wood work well in a naturally smoky environment such as my room. :lol:

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
2672 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Re: Resonance Evil (Eurorack)

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:41 pm

toonertik wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:38 am
pekbro wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:20 pm


Thanks toonertik! I am eager to hear more of your efforts as well :)

I've posted 3 in Music Cafe...
1 is still on first page... another maybe page 2 or 3...
other is older and was an ode to vurt ..
"singing the vurts" just a neutron going into VCV_Rack..quiet fun.
I don't want to post link here on your thread. :wink:
Thanks, I'll have a look and listen then, I think I did catch 1 of them and commented.
It was my first time hearing the neutron iirc :tu:

Heh, I don't care about links. I make something new everyday, I don't often record it is all. This is mostly about demoing the modules for those interested in such things. Not a very telling example
of those very excellent oscillators anyway.

Return to “Music Cafe”