Fragile Gods - "Days Without End"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sometimes life feels like a dream that you can't wake up from. "Days Without End" tries to capture that dark, claustrophobic feeling. Aika Zabala provided additional vocals.

https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/days-without-end

https://youtu.be/efB3T2IbiyA
The video is excerpted from the 1943 experimental film "Meshes of the Afternoon" by Maya Deren and Alexander Hammid.

Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/track/72H4VwxB ... UvILsLYPlQ

Instruments: Icarus, Monark, Repro5, Rayblaster, Audjoo Helix, BFD3, slop sink

Lyrics are on Soundcloud. Any feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by Frantz on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.75

Comments: You really need to post more. Your stuff is so fresh. It's not the same old same old. Had you been doing this in the 80s I have no doubt you would have made it in the business.

Great tune Frantz!

Really good variety in the arrangement. I'm more of a major-chord focused kind of guy so I was looking for more maj.
That female vocal does add an extra dimension. Half of the tracks posted on kvr, to be honest I skip through because they are very predictable, but yours keeps me engaged all the way through because of the creative variety.

Great song here Franz!

I especially liked the awkward juxtaposition of your tortured vocals and the sensual, siren like female vocals. I think the chorus really nailed this one. Good musical ideas and a solid mix.

It made me think of the B-52s, although quite different in style.

:tu:

be difficult to pick apart this one ...
quite well done ...

particularly enjoyed the subtly offset vocal delay ...

Enjoyed this quite a bit!
Very good production as usual.
Cheers!

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:28 am My Feedback

Music - 9.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.75

Comments: You really need to post more. Your stuff is so fresh. It's not the same old same old. Had you been doing this in the 80s I have no doubt you would have made it in the business.
Thanks very much for your kind words. I worked on this on weekends at a leisurely pace, gradually polishing it. It was an enjoyable process even if my productivity is low these days.

+1 on the two voices complementing each other well. Good song too!

Nice job. Good song with nightmare mood.

Lovely arrangement and melodies with hints towards Bowie / John Foxx and the Maths.
Distinctive vocal tone and delivery.
Excellent stuff :phones:

very 80s leaning 8)
cant help but imagine you having a supply of dry ice for the studio :hihi:

awesome mix, very clean, easy to hear each element, but all sits together well :tu:
like wags said, do more.

kloon wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:53 am Great tune Frantz!
Thanks for listening Kloon. :)

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:04 pm Really good variety in the arrangement. I'm more of a major-chord focused kind of guy so I was looking for more maj.
That female vocal does add an extra dimension. Half of the tracks posted on kvr, to be honest I skip through because they are very predictable, but yours keeps me engaged all the way through because of the creative variety.
Glad you enjoyed the variety. One of my goals was to try to keep it interesting throughout especially with the slow tempo.

I agree the female vocalist Aika helps a lot since she can actually sing. :)

Thanks for your comments.

Good song and good vocals!
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Return to “Music Cafe”