Frank Arnold - Playground Of Illusion (Concept)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
4damind
KVRAF
4804 posts since 17 Aug, 2004 from Berlin, Germany

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:50 am

I'm working on a concept for a new track. The interesting thing here is that I used the Mellotron from Arturia for an accordion sound. I'm a trained accordion player myself, but haven't had the instrument in my hands for a while... just to explain why I've picked an accordion sound :D

The other sounds are from the usual synth. Nord Lead 2x, U-He Pro-5, Synthmaster One etc. DAW is still Cubase.

Have a nice Whitsun and greetings from Berlin!

https://soundcloud.com/52degree/avc7-playground

wagtunes
KVRAF
15896 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Frank Arnold - Playground Of Illusion (Concept)

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:21 am

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: So this is just a concept? Sounds better than a lot of finished tracks. I'm sure whatever you do with it will only make it better. But where's the accordion? LOL.

4damind
KVRAF

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:37 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:21 am
My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: So this is just a concept? Sounds better than a lot of finished tracks. I'm sure whatever you do with it will only make it better. But where's the accordion? LOL.
Thanks Steven!
Yes, it started with testing the Arturia V Collection 7 and the Mellotron. It wasn't supposed to be a finished track, so it was more of a "concept". But maybe I should move the track to the "Work In Progress" folder and finish it :P

fastlanephil
KVRian
763 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:46 pm

Yes, it flows quite nicely and has a nice balance. Sort of a lush, ambient and light dance feel to it. I could imagine this possibly being used with visuals. But you said it’s still in the concept stage so this could end up a somewhat different piece of music.

I could hear the accordion coming in. I know the accordion is quite a popular instrument in Europe and it’s music can be quite demanding for the accordionist.

4damind
KVRAF

Post Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:19 am

fastlanephil wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:46 pm
Yes, it flows quite nicely and has a nice balance. Sort of a lush, ambient and light dance feel to it. I could imagine this possibly being used with visuals. But you said it’s still in the concept stage so this could end up a somewhat different piece of music.

I could hear the accordion coming in. I know the accordion is quite a popular instrument in Europe and it’s music can be quite demanding for the accordionist.
Thanks for the nice comment!
I got so many positive comments that I don't see the song as a "concept" anymore and it will stay that way.
Yes, accordions are quite popular instruments in Europe. Especially in Russia, France but also in Germany. The sound is rarely used in modern (electronic) music, but as small "sound snippets" it works quite well.

Return to “Music Cafe”