VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
v1o
KVRAF
1616 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:33 am

I just saw this on AudioDeluxe
https://www.audiodeluxe.com/taxonomy/te ... 28c0b90194

Ultra-realistic plug-in emulations of 4 iconic analog tape machines

The allure of tape machines is easy to understand – the iconic character is part of the sonic signature of so many of the greatest songs ever recorded. The T-RackS Tape Machine Collec-tion gives you the true sound of 4 iconic analog tape machines, all together in one bundle.

Glue your tracks together, add warmth and character, enhance your low-end weight and ear-pleasing high ends. With the T-RackS Tape Machine collection you have access to the most sonically and musically authentic tape machine sonic textures ever created.

4 pieces of history

The T-RackS Tape Machine Collection offers models based on 4 different machines:

Tape Machine 440: The Ampex 440B series dates from the late 1960’s and delivers a typical, unmistakably soulful color that made this historic mixing and mastering machine into a legend. Merging art and technology, this unit will give your mixes a professional, polished, seamless finish.

Tape Machine 80: The legendary Studer A80 Mk II, in its various revisions, is an essential part of countless influ-ential records. Engineered and manufactured in Switzerland from 1970 to 1988, it became the de facto standard for professional high-end multi-tracking. The A80’s sonic signature is a per-fect blend between transparency and subtle harmonic enhancement.

Tape Machine 24: A model of the MCI JH24. First produced in 1980, the JH24 was a staple in US studios during the 1980s. This completely transformerless, high performance op-amp-based design delivers a pristine, phase coherent and remarkably true-to-the-source audio performance. This results in a moderate and elegant polish to your music.

Tape Machine 99: The Revox PR99 Mk II is a stereo professional recorder produced by Studer in the 1980s. Engineered around a hybrid design that combines the best of discrete and op-amp topologies. this model offers a very smooth frequency response, especially on bass, with almost no trace of the typical “head bump.”

4 magic formulas: the Tape Machine Collection also lets you choose from 4 different tape formulations, each with its own unique harmonic character:

250: Modelled after the 3M/Scotch 250 tape
456: Modelled after the Ampex 456 tape
GP9: Modelled after the Quantegy GP9 tape
499: Modelled after the Ampex 499 tape
Comprehensive controls

Each Tape Machine plug-in offers controls over tape speed, head selection, record bias, and other common controls, as well as exclusive features like ""true stereo"" to re-create the subtle differences between left and right on a real analog machine, and IK's powerful new transport modeling, which captures the realistic wow and flutter of each machine.

Update:
The page on the IK site is now live
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOmajwYSZhw
Last edited by v1o on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Burillo
KVRAF
3527 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Re: IK Multimedia T-racks Tape Machine Collection

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 am

i hope they're available with Gear Credits...
From Russia with love

DarkStar
KVRAF
8944 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:04 am

Oddly, there are not listed on the IK Multimedia site, nor in the Custom Shop. Premature news?

PS I noticed that Gear Credits could be used for the Leslie Collection.
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

The Noodlist
KVRian
671 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from UK

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:23 am

DarkStar wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:04 am
Oddly, there are not listed on the IK Multimedia site, nor in the Custom Shop. Premature news?
Looks like it, not even a demo, a blind purchase would be reckless.
Hardware emulation list.
Currently trying to turn noise into music.

Burillo
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:27 am

they're fixed at $99 at retailers, no extra discount in cart. i have a few Gear Credits left but likely not enough to cover this, so i might just visit the credit shop and put my JamPoints to good use...
From Russia with love

cprompt
KVRian
805 posts since 17 Nov, 2010 from UK

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:39 am

Jam points? Well if I use some of my hundreds of them to knock off 30%, then pay the vat, I can get this from IK for, let's see now... $95. A whole $4 saving! How could I resist :D

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
27180 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:44 am

Damn, I thought this was more Tape Echoes. :(
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

frankz00
KVRist
397 posts since 22 Dec, 2009

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:27 am

It's bizarre that these aren't listed on IK Multimedia's own site!

Burillo
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:46 am

cprompt wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:39 am
Jam points? Well if I use some of my hundreds of them to knock off 30%, then pay the vat, I can get this from IK for, let's see now... $95. A whole $4 saving! How could I resist :D
no, my thinking is, i have N amount of Gear Credits still left, so, assuming i have enough, it may be cheaper to buy, say, 50 Gear Credits and use up my remainder than it would be to buy the collection for real money.
From Russia with love

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6356 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:56 am

frankz00 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:27 am
It's bizarre that these aren't listed on IK Multimedia's own site!
We didn't announce this release yet. The link that this thread is based on is from a dealer. We will have full information posted when we officially release, stay tuned.
UNO Synth tutorial videos
Follow IK on Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.
SampleTank 4 announced and available for pre-order.

lotus2035
KVRAF
4133 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:58 am

sidrat
KVRist
455 posts since 10 Aug, 2004

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 am

So, just saw them in the custom shop. But, they have the 4 plugs available separately for $79 each. What's with the price difference?

plexuss
KVRAF
3017 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:17 am

The Noodlist
KVRian
671 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from UK

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:18 am

sidrat wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 am
So, just saw them in the custom shop. But, they have the 4 plugs available separately for $79 each. What's with the price difference?
IK Multimedia T-RackS Tape Machine Collection
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hardware emulation list.
Currently trying to turn noise into music.

RobGee
KVRist
169 posts since 11 Jan, 2014

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:18 am

6B54E753-F159-494D-86F4-6A2ED68CA17C.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”