Harmor for MacOS?

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone have any info or update knowledge on if / when Harmor is ever coming to MacOS?

I remember this was in alpha back in about 2014. That's about 5 years ago lol, feels like the project is abandoned but i would love to have harmor on mac!
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

I’ve been waiting forever for this too. I even bought it at some point to use the alpha in anticipation of an upcoming native Mac release but it never happened. Flstudio has it and it works on Mac, I don’t know why inageline after all this time won’t release it as a seperate native OS X au and vst plugin. Has been disappointing
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:20 pm I’ve been waiting forever for this too. I even bought it at some point to use the alpha in anticipation of an upcoming native Mac release but it never happened. Flstudio has it and it works on Mac, I don’t know why inageline after all this time won’t release it as a seperate native OS X au and vst plugin. Has been disappointing
I don't disagree. I've used Harmor in the past as a VSTi on PC in Ableton Live and I loved it. A few years ago, I switched to MacOS and I've been craving using Harmor again.

I tried the FL Studio 20.6 demo recently on MacOS. While the VSTi version of FL inside of Ableton Live is a nice option, it's just not the same as having Harmor as a separate VST. For starters, I haven't been able to rack the VSTi and automate synth parameters which are exclusive to FL. Setting up MIDI CCs would is also less than desirable.

I see that Image-Line wants to encourage people on Mac to buy the full DAW, but I bet they'd get a lot of business if they sold their VSTs to be cross-platform (VST, AU, etc.) because they are so unique and sound so great.

I know that porting software is no easy task, but I really wish Image-Line would put in the effort to at least offer Harmor as a VST so we could use it easily in our DAW of choice on MacOS.

Yep.

I'm almost tempted to get FL Studio just so I can access the plugins on Mac as I have a lot of them bought before I moved to Mac but it never really clicked with me as a DAW. About time they got their act together and released the plugins on Mac. tbh even the ones that are already supporting Mac are pretty flaky.

They have updated the ones that run inside fl studio. The standalone plugins are old alpha versions. I don’t want to use fl studio

Just trying the demo on Mac but their procedure for unlocking the plugins doesn't work - they stay in demo mode. The GUI seems very sluggish, looks like a Java app.

In this too, really love this synth sound but I'm using ableton on mac..
Who's up for flooding them requests or try to get their attention on this, they developed other FL plugins for Mac surely this can be done "quite easily" this is just weird commercial strategy at this point.

I think Scott @ IL said that the sales of their vst plugin pale in comparison to FL Studio itself and it made more sense to create extra value in FL Studio that would drive more sales of that.

bah, that's not a good excuse. I bought Harmor YEARS ago, when the alpha OSX version came out because I thought they would imminently release it for OSX...which never happened and I've never been able to use my Harmor product other then using wine and other stupid tricks that aren't worth the hassle. Meanwhile they have clearly updated Harmor in order to run inside FL studio...ok...but why not just release it for OSX too? I'm certainly not going to buy FL Studio just to run Harmor...and I doubt most people would... They would gain more attention from the mac community if they made their products work properly on mac...until such time...mac buyers beware...

Blaster wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:11 am I think Scott @ IL said that the sales of their vst plugin pale in comparison to FL Studio itself and it made more sense to create extra value in FL Studio that would drive more sales of that.
Yeah but FL Studio on Mac just seems so unfinished and sluggish. I can’t imagine having to use it just to access Harmor even if IL allowed my authorisations to work inside the demo.

It's just nonsense since they already have a bunch of plugins from FL available as Audio Unit and VST. They just chose not to release that one, perhaps to drag interest to FL yes but yea not gonna switch my main daw just for one synth as good as it is.

want to add my voice for Mac / native M1 support for all your individual plugins, not just Harmor in particular. They are awesome!
I can still use them on my ancient Windows machine and i will probably get me another more current one again, but already know that i'm going to sorely miss these on my new Mac that will arrive soon.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I even bought Harmor long ago knowing that there was just alpha version for the Mac, and hoping that someday I would have non-alpha version...but instead they only updated it and finalized it as a built in plugin of FLstudio, so my Harmor purchase was a waste. I also bought FL Studio, so I can use it there, but I really want to use it in all my hosts. Its very disappointing that they never followed through with this.

With Bitwig on mac is possible to use Harmor (and all the FLstudio plugins) like every other vst even if you open it with FLstudio plugin. Usually if you open Harmor inside the plugin you must automate his parameters inside FLstudio plugin and you can modulate them only inside FLstudio plugin which in my opinion is a pain in the ass! With this method you can load Harmor inside FLstudio but modulate and automate his parameters like every other vst.
First you need to use the IAC Driver and create a bus to send midi cc from Bitwig to FLstudio plugin.
In Bitwig create an instrument layer, add a new layer with note grid and FLstudio plugin, disconnect gate pitch velocity and midi inside the grid.. on another layer load a MidiCC and an Hardware Instrument, set both to ch1 and route the Hardware instrument to send midi to the IAC driver bus.
Open FLStudio, Options, Midi Settings, In the Inputs window enable IAC driver on channel 1.
Load a blank template, create a channel with Patcher and load inside Harmor, right click on "From FL Studio" , select midi port 1 and connect it to Harmor midi in together with the other connection that was already there that is sending the midi notes.
Open Harmor, right click on the parameter you want to control, check "activate" then "link to controller" and select port 1, channel 1, ctrl 1 if you want to use cc1, ctrl2 for cc2 etc...
You can save a FLstudio template with this settings and set it as a default tamplate, then you can save also an Instrument Layer preset in Bitwig, in this way with one click you can open Harmor (or other FLstudio plugins) and use it like every other vst!!
Enjoy

Return to “Image Line”