Update: McDSP 6050 for Windows

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We discussed in previous threads that the McDSP plugins for Windows had a number of annoying bugs. Well I figured out that there was an update released around the time of the new 6060 (January 2019), and it seems to have fixed a few serious issues in my 6050.

From what I can tell by testing, issues improved:
- no loud pops and noises when using the knobs
- better settings mirroring when auditioning modules
- removed the false red clipping marker when metering around -1 db

Still no sidechain afaik.

The latest version installer can be downloaded directly for the McDSP website:
https://www.mcdsp.com/downloads/

Also, a previous thread if you care to read more about the 6050:
viewtopic.php?t=517359

Finally, if you are not familiar with it and are interested:
Yes, this is a brilliant plugin. And it was superseded by the 6060 with 6 banks and a few more modules.

thanks for the heads up!

It's very nice, I got mine for fifty bucks.

There's been another update. This time I can't figure out when it happened. Since the new website, I think the release notes or any dates are just not available. But I had some ilok issues and decided to reinstall, and noticed that the version changed.

Improvements:
- sidechain!
- the module selector drop down works now
- (maybe? the settings matching has been tweaked a bit)

I'm officially out of complaints for this one. Other than, of course, I want a heavily discounted upgrade path to 6060 :D

jochicago wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:12 am There's been another update. This time I can't figure out when it happened. Since the new website, I think the release notes or any dates are just not available. But I had some ilok issues and decided to reinstall, and noticed that the version changed.

Improvements:
- sidechain!
- the module selector drop down works now
- (maybe? the settings matching has been tweaked a bit)

I'm officially out of complaints for this one. Other than, of course, I want a heavily discounted upgrade path to 6060 :D
Man, 6050 is hard to beat (now, with the new version), but the 6060 is just unbelievable. I recently received an email offering the 6060 for $99 and didn't think it twice (not even once). The code was 6060LOYALTYSALE but I'm not sure if it's still working...
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Cool, getting my update now.

Return to “Effects”