Slate All Access

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool, are we finally back at talking about the actual product ? :)

I was pretty surprised by Ana2. Sounds good and has some tricks that my other synths cannot do or at least not so quick and easy. And so much content, damn.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:34 pm Cool, are we finally back at talking about the actual product ? :)

I was pretty surprised by Ana2. Sounds good and has some tricks that my other synths cannot do or at least not so quick and easy. And so much content, damn.
Well yes, just that everything that has been said is about the end product really; the process of purchase and the term of conditions are a key part of the entire product actually, is not separated.

Is like if you're in the store and you're buying some products to go to your house with it, but then someone tells you you have a fee of that product and that product is really a rent ware according to the conditions of that purchase; but the user only say: "I like this product and I don't read o care about the terms and conditions of the agreement".... this doesn't make sense.

With all respect.

JunSev wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 pm
dionenoid wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:34 pm Cool, are we finally back at talking about the actual product ? :)

Well yes, just that everything that has been said is about the end product really; the process of purchase and the term of conditions are a key part of the entire product actually, is not separated.

Is like if you're in the store and you're buying some products to go to your house with it, but then someone tells you you have a fee of that product and that product is really a rent ware according to the conditions of that purchase; but the user only say: "I like this product and I don't read o care about the terms and conditions of the agreement".... this doesn't make sense.

With all respect.
With all respect, i don't understand your problem. It's a subscription, like there are so many. It's pretty clear and i think everybody understands that. I never seen anyone saying "i thought i bought the stuff but it's only rent".

And i also don't understand why people are against subs. It's like talking to old people whining "everything used to be better in the old days".

Anybody that's starting with music today can have a pro daw for a few bucks. Pay 12,50$ p/m for over 60 top quality plug-ins with tutorials and masterclasses from pro's. And if they have 7$ p/m to spare they can sub to Splice and have millions of samples and presets on demand. All this for less money than an average phone plan. I really cannot understand why people are against that.

Next to that, everyone still has a choice : all stuff in the subs can also be bought. Lots of stuff is even available as rent-to-own. You choose. No one forces you to subscribe. If you already own a bunch of plug-ins or if you only want to use a few plug-ins from a bundle you can buy what you want. It's just an added option for those of us who do like to get more from a bundle.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:44 am
With all respect, i don't understand your problem. It's a subscription, like there are so many. It's pretty clear and i think everybody understands that. I never seen anyone saying "i thought i bought the stuff but it's only rent".

And i also don't understand why people are against subs. It's like talking to old people whining "everything used to be better in the old days".

Anybody that's starting with music today can have a pro daw for a few bucks. Pay 12,50$ p/m for over 60 top quality plug-ins with tutorials and masterclasses from pro's. And if they have 7$ p/m to spare they can sub to Splice and have millions of samples and presets on demand. All this for less money than an average phone plan. I really cannot understand why people are against that.

Next to that, everyone still has a choice : all stuff in the subs can also be bought. Lots of stuff is even available as rent-to-own. You choose. No one forces you to subscribe. If you already own a bunch of plug-ins or if you only want to use a few plug-ins from a bundle you can buy what you want. It's just an added option for those of us who do like to get more from a bundle.

In these courses you learn so much technique and philosophy that I cannot even put it into words. These guys can use any plugins and make incredible sounding records. The point is that improving your skills is by far the most important aspect of this craft.

In his own words, he basically says you can use stock plugins to achieve great mixes with the right technique and philosophy behind it.

Anybody that's starting with music today can have a pro daw for a few bucks.

So the question remains, why pay a monthly subscription fee for "pro" plugins, while you're learning how to use them? Because, according to Slate, you can learn and use any plugins with the right technique and philosophy to make "incredible sounding records".

Also, all the information contained in his "masterclass" tutorials is already available for free on the Internet or the hundreds of on-line courses. Some companies actually make videos showing how to use their plugins for free and don't label it "masterclass", just to get you all excited that you might learn something special that no one already knows.

If you're renting software as an extended demo version so you can learn to hone your techniques and philosophy, then it's going to be an expensive life lesson in financial responsibility in the future. Because, it's going to take quite a few years or decades before you fully understand and obtain the experience these professionals have acquired.

Moral of the story, your sounds, mixes, songs and music won't get any better or worse renting his plugins. So why waste the money learning how to drive an expensive exotic car, when you should start financially responsible in a family sedan, that you already own?

Unless of course, you're trying to impress someone or something by the looks or brand name.

Besides of the new added stuff, does this include updated versions of the existing plugins (VMR, VBC,...)?

I don't believe so.

Nope didn't see anything.
More BPM please

I just read about the ANA 2 Ultra Bundle, which includes 10 sound banks. They are included, it says, with the $25 month-to-month option. Does this mean I would get all the banks upfront and keep them when I cancelled, only paying for one month? If the sound banks are good quality, it seems a nice price for a ton or presets.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Slate has been bought by Audiotonix who also own SSL.

https://www.gearnews.com/audiotonix-acq ... tion-move/

Are Audiotonix trying to make a rival to the Plugin Alliance / Izotope / NI conglomerate?

ToMegaTherion wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:38 am Are Audiotonix trying to make a rival to the Plugin Alliance / Izotope / NI conglomerate?
That was my first thought....

Does it mean they'll be doing $29 deals on the slate plugs like they do with their SSL plugs already ?

It means it's getting extremely competitive. I think they tapped out at the right time. I believe for smaller companies staying perpetual is the way to go. Buy never, pay forever is what investor / shareholders love and these bigger companies have different challenges. There will continue to be consolidation at the top until there's two or three behemoths and the niche smaller players with loyal customers.

It literally means Steven fu**** them all hahahahahahaha. He screwed so many people in the past, doing shady business, especially in the beginning, cutting others, then promises, then delays, then vapourware (anyone remember his limiter update and promises) on his "revolutionary" products. Now he is smiling all the way to the bank.

Hats down Steven. Touche. If anything the message here is: sometimes being a ***** does pan out. At least it looks like that, but we probably won't know the "dirty" story anyway.

Funny to read old posts back. I have since stopped the sub because other stuff is just better. But also because of the lack of bugfixes/updates and failure to live up to promises (still no separate plugins for the VMR modules, plugins taken out of the sub etc).
More BPM please

Return to “Effects”