Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
1300 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from your mom

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:33 am

Arcade is sublime - pretty much the best content curated sample/loop player on the market. And a fantastic sample manipulator in general. I know subscriptions isn’t for everyone, though.
Windows 10 | Reason 10.4 | Studio One 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion

kiezum
KVRian
513 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:44 am

Arcade has a good subscription model. You can use it for just one month (cancel anytime).

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
1300 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from your mom

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:33 am

kiezum wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:44 am
Arcade has a good subscription model. You can use it for just one month (cancel anytime).
And also keep your projects that used anything from Arcade during that time. It's really quite brilliant (versus Roland Cloud, where you lose 100% access the moment you cancel, which kills any projects you used any Roland Cloud stuff in).

But, I digress...
Windows 10 | Reason 10.4 | Studio One 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion

simmo75
KVRian
1473 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:35 am

EnochLight wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:33 am
kiezum wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:44 am
Arcade has a good subscription model. You can use it for just one month (cancel anytime).
And also keep your projects that used anything from Arcade during that time. It's really quite brilliant (versus Roland Cloud, where you lose 100% access the moment you cancel, which kills any projects you used any Roland Cloud stuff in).

But, I digress...
Indeed you do. I thought this thread was about Portal, not Arcade...

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
4097 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:38 am

I like their studio desk as well - looks cool!
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
1300 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from your mom

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:42 am

simmo75 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:35 am
Indeed you do. I thought this thread was about Portal, not Arcade...
It is, which is why I admitted I digress... :party:
Windows 10 | Reason 10.4 | Studio One 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion

simmo75
KVRian
1473 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:38 am
I like their studio desk as well - looks cool!
Gives me wood... I digress

jackmazzotti
KVRist
318 posts since 18 Dec, 2006

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:58 am

I absolutely love it! Very musical and I plan on using it live.
Image

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
1300 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from your mom

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:58 am

simmo75 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 am
martinjuenke wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:38 am
I like their studio desk as well - looks cool!
Gives me wood... I digress
Put that thing away - there's kids present.
Windows 10 | Reason 10.4 | Studio One 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
4097 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:35 am

At least no faux wood... (Hope so!)
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Fantasie
KVRist
58 posts since 21 Sep, 2015

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:39 am

I don’t understand why some developers put refund policy and offering a demo in the same category.
They are not at all the same imao.
Especially for non-native English speakers like me, it would be a hassle to email them, explain the situation and ask a refund in English (in a polite way!). Sorry to say, but thinking of it already puts me off.

jackmazzotti
KVRist
318 posts since 18 Dec, 2006

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:42 am

There is a new creative plugin being offered. Cue up the complaining and whining.
Image

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
1300 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from your mom

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:44 am

jackmazzotti wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:42 am
There is a new creative plugin being offered. Cue up the complaining and whining.
To be fair, the complaints about no demo and Output’s policy of requiring you to purchase and request a refund is one of the worst policies in the industry. It’s completely hostile to consumers and companies should be called out for it.

That said, people complaining about Portal when they haven’t even gone through the hassle of purchasing it to demo is pretty lame.
Windows 10 | Reason 10.4 | Studio One 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel i7 3770k Quad-Core @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Mushkin Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro| Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion

perpetual3
KVRian
952 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:56 am

jackmazzotti wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:42 am
There is a new creative plugin being offered. Cue up the complaining and whining.
1) No demo
2) short refund policy
3) expensive
4) many people report unresolved bugs, issues, and support.
5) poor discounts path for existing customers - still expensive.

Offering a new expensive plugin with no demo and short refund policy while outstanding support issues remain unresolved?

This is *exactly* the right time to complain.

perpetual3
KVRian
952 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: Output - Introducing PORTAL: A Granular FX Plugin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:58 am

EnochLight wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:44 am
jackmazzotti wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:42 am
There is a new creative plugin being offered. Cue up the complaining and whining.
To be fair, the complaints about no demo and Output’s policy of requiring you to purchase and request a refund is one of the worst policies in the industry. It’s completely hostile to consumers and companies should be called out for it.

That said, people complaining about Portal when they haven’t even gone through the hassle of purchasing it to demo is pretty lame.
Like I mentioned earlier, if someone has time to thoroughly evaluate an expensive (and perhaps esoteric) plugin in two weeks, while balancing work, school, family, then more power to them.

I don’t think anyone is complaining about it’s sound design potential.

Return to “Effects”