Rainy Day [Uplifting Trance]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
hhuang9611
KVRian
636 posts since 1 Mar, 2018 from USA

Post Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:55 pm

Just finished this track during a rainy day, hence the name.
https://soundcloud.com/ray_d8/rainy-day

Thanks for listening! And any feedback will be highly appreciated! :tu:
Trance, Trance Is Life

tehlord
KVRAF
7727 posts since 22 Sep, 2008 from Windsor. UK

Re: Rainy Day [Uplifting Trance]

Post Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:55 pm

I really dig this. I rarely visit this part of the forum and most 'trance' tracks here are nothing like trance at all. This is legit sounding. Actually reminds me of JVD. Not much to critisise at all on the overall track. If I was being really, really picky the bass could do with tightening up a bit, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the track at all. Awesome job.

wagtunes
KVRAF
16152 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:13 pm

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.75

Comments: Excellent mix. Enough going on musically to keep it interesting. Well done.

hhuang9611
KVRian

Post Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:03 pm

tehlord wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:55 pm
I really dig this. I rarely visit this part of the forum and most 'trance' tracks here are nothing like trance at all. This is legit sounding. Actually reminds me of JVD. Not much to critisise at all on the overall track. If I was being really, really picky the bass could do with tightening up a bit, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the track at all. Awesome job.
Thank you very much! Glad to know that you like it! JVD is actually one of my favorite artists, and I have listened to a lot of his tracks, so I am really happy to hear that! :tu: Thanks for the advice on the bass as well. And I really appreciate the repost on the soundcloud! :hug:

wagtunes wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:13 pm
My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 10
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.75

Comments: Excellent mix. Enough going on musically to keep it interesting. Well done.
Thank you very much wag! :tu:
Trance, Trance Is Life

Mozex
KVRist
98 posts since 18 Mar, 2019

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:23 am

Sounds pretty good to me!
-What is that? Music?
-No its a chicken noodle.

Bansaw
KVRian
621 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:41 am

2:21 -- very, very nice build.
@2:43 why did you change the chord there though? It took away some of the tension that was building nicely.
Keep the root chord of the tension build - if you have to bump it up an octave, but changing it worked against.
Overall though, I really enjoyed it. :tu:

hhuang9611
KVRian

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Mozex wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:23 am
Sounds pretty good to me!
Thank you! :tu:
Bansaw wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:41 am
2:21 -- very, very nice build.
@2:43 why did you change the chord there though? It took away some of the tension that was building nicely.
Keep the root chord of the tension build - if you have to bump it up an octave, but changing it worked against.
Overall though, I really enjoyed it. :tu:
I thought that keeping playing the root chord might sound boring, but I agree with you that the change into chord progression does take away some tension. I will experiment with more building up options in future projects. Thank you for the comment! :tu:
Trance, Trance Is Life

Benedict
KVRAF
2824 posts since 5 Mar, 2004 from Gold Coast Australia

Post Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:30 pm

I don't mind the dropping chords at 2:45 as they add interest over the cliche. But as the music comes back I'd introduce a higher lead to absolutely push the feel over the top as you were going down whilst creating a build and then a new lead appearing on the Tonic above the existing mix and rising would be like Blam! I think Sash! did it a time or two.

:-)

Return to “Music Cafe”