OwlPlug - An audio plugin manager

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OwlPlug

daveduffus wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:00 am
dropsnorz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:18 pmThank you for using OwlPlug. Can you send me logs by PM ?
On macOS, logs are located on /home/{you}/.owlplug/logs.
Thank you!
PM has been sent.
Hi daveduffus !

Thanks again for the logs. I've fixed the issue on the latest version OwlPlug 1.18.0.
This version also contains a new major feature that allows you to configure additional scan directories for each plugin format (VST, VST3, AU)

Oh yes!
Many thanks; it's working great.

Hi,

I've released OwlPlug 1.20.0 with Linux support
If you experienced crashes during plugin scans, plugins synchronization can now be sandboxed. A selector is available in the Options tab to choose between two implementations OwlPlug JNI (legacy) and the new OwlPlug Scanner. For now, the legacy implementation is used by default, but based on community feedback, it may be replaced by the new scanner in future releases. More information about this feature is available on this wiki page.

The latest version can be downloaded from Github as usual :wink:

Awesome! Thank you for the Linux support!!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Thanks for this, great tool. Was able to start identifying unused vst and uninstall them.

Just my 2 cents but it would be quite a useful tool (for me anyway) to be able to save the list of installed plug-ins to some easy file format. What that helps with, is, it's then easy to see what plug-ins I need to reinstall if I ever have a crash or want to migrate my vst to a new computer. So it helps remember my ever-growing list of plug-ins that I do use, rather than opening older projects and seeing a 'plug-in not found' error message.
Of course I make a back up of installers but these days every company has different install methods and constant updates

Which is why your programme is useful ! It's a great idea.

Oh my other suggestion is sometimes we are forced to install into bespoke folders, so Vst might actually be stored in multiple folders...so it would be good if you could add multiple folders -unless there was an option that I missed

Hi @hotmitts, thank you so much for using OwlPlug and posting your feedback!
hotmitts wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:55 am it would be quite a useful tool (for me anyway) to be able to save the list of installed plug-ins to some easy file format
This feature is regularly asked and I may develop it in the next releases.
hotmitts wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:55 am so it would be good if you could add multiple folders -unless there was an option that I missed
You can configure multiple directories. You must configure a primary directory. This primary directory will be used to install plugins downloaded from stores. For plugin discovery, you can configure additional directories to scan in the Options tab :wink:

hotmitts wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:55 am it would be quite a useful tool (for me anyway) to be able to save the list of installed plug-ins to some easy file format.
Hi !
I've released OwlPlug 1.21.0 today. This version contains an export feature to generate a CSV or a JSON list of your installed plugins.

The latest version can be downloaded from Github as usual :wink:

That's great, I'll try it when I get home..thank you, I'm sure many will appreciate this.

Hi!

I've released OwlPlug 1.22.1. This version brings subcomponent (Waveshell, etc...) and LV2 format support.

I hope you will enjoy it!

Awesome, thanks for the update! However when trying to open it on MacOS Big Sur 11.6.8 I get the message "OwlPlug is damaged and can't be opened."
Update: Nevermind, I saw you have addressed this issue before... I can open it now.

Very promising app so far, congrats! Keep up the good work.

Hi there! I have some updates, I've released OwlPlug 1.23.0 today.

I've revamped the server-side part for plugin downloads. It's not really visible in the app, but adding new plugins will be easier for other developers and me. I'll add more content soon, so the default collection of plugins will grow in the next weeks. If you are a plugin developer, you can add your plugin by contributing to the owlplug registry.

Last but not least, with the 1.23.0 update, OwlPlug is compatible and can be used to install Studiorack plugins. It's an OwlPlug alternative tool with an app, a command line interface, and a website. You should take a look, it's an excellent and promising project!

Thanks! Will check this out. Looks very good :)

Hello!

I've just released OwlPlug 1.24.0. I've added a highly requested feature to track space consumption by plugins and files. The plugin directory view displays statistics about the directory's largest files.

Thanks for your support so far!

dropsnorz wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:09 am Hello!

I've just released OwlPlug 1.24.0. I've added a highly requested feature to track space consumption by plugins and files. The plugin directory view displays statistics about the directory's largest files.

Thanks for your support so far!
I hope you have a switch to use another display type when the directory have more than 50 plugins in it. Otherwise it would be hard to understand the clutter. Probably needs a list display in that case.

Saffran wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:12 am I hope you have a switch to use another display type when the directory have more than 50 plugins in it. Otherwise it would be hard to understand the clutter. Probably needs a list display in that case.
Yes, in fact, always the top 8 largest files are displayed on the chart. If there are more than 8 files, they are grouped into the "Others" section. (Like on the screenshot)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”