Returning all feedback- Augustus EP (Hip Hop)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made a 5 song EP. All my beats/production and then I chopped up hip hop vocal samples and put them in. What do you think? I'll leave feedback on any links of yours that you leave!

https://soundcloud.com/augustusthegreat/sets/augustus

Musically, I'm not really into hip hop and rap but I will comment on the mix of these in general. To my ears, sounds typical for the genre. That's a good thing. I like some of the vocal processing on the BG vocals on Augustus. In fact, I actually kind of liked the track in general, which surprised the hell out of me. lol

Gun to your head, don't really like the lyrics. Not into violent rap, though I understand that it's very popular.

Can't Stop is a bit different from the other two. Like the organ. Snare's a little harsh for my liking but I'm sure it's pretty standard for the genre. Rest of mix is really good.

Venus Or Mars has a nice intro. I'm finding, musically, that these appeal to me more than most stuff from this genre. Like the girl singer. She has a nice voice.

We Here has a strange, eerie intro. Nice mix but not getting all the lyrics. Possibly too much plate on the vocals. Not sure.

All in all, not bad. Much more enjoyable to listen to than I expected. And it's certainly very well done. I can see you having success doing this, at least on some level.

I'm leaving a link but I really don't expect you to listen to any of my stuff as we're from two different worlds and it's doubtful you'd like anything I do.

But here it is anyway, my huge thread in this sub forum with about 250 songs.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=501125

Sounds OK, but I would seriously suggest doing a colab with a young up and coming rapper rather than using vocal samples. There are literally thousands of young dudes and dudettes just waiting for a chance to work with a beat maker to express their lyrics. It will add a whole lot more authenticity to your tracks (IMHO, of course).

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, I just wanted to test out my sampling chops with the vocals. Next EP I do will be with real rappers from online.

Return to “Music Cafe”