Modular madness... no seq, no drums.. rhythmic beats>>> kinda ;P

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A live performance with my Eurorack. No sequencer, Pamela working out for me, again...
live cv mod via muxlicer. No drums, just Neutron, Waldorf nw1 and one voice from Qu-Bit Chord
Oh and Prism.
Tried to get some rhythm going, and ... well, hope some of you take time to listen and maybe comment.
https://soundcloud.com/toonertik/beatingmymuxagain

Nice variety of timbres here, those oscillators cover your bases well! The pace of changes is good, but I'd consider cutting the performance to a more focused 6 mins or so. Or keep this length but use the underling euclidean motif and some sharper transitions to create clearer A-B-A sections of about 4 min each. No idea how feasible that is, it's something I'm also trying to learn!

(All depends on what you're going for, of course. A lot of modular performance happens in the late-night-dance-music environment where long slow evolution is expected. But this one feels potentially more standalone because of the timbre variety.)

love that "didge" type sound 8)
the riddim moves it all along nicely too.
a lot more coherent as a piece with parts than my own stuff :tu:

all one take? that's pretty awesome if so :)
we need to get a few of us together in a room somewhere with smoke machines, lights and some stoners to sit around and make it a "happening" 8)

this is groovey as hell :band:

imrae wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:47 am but I'd consider cutting the performance to a more focused 6 mins or so. Or keep this length but use the underling euclidean motif and some sharper transitions to create clearer A-B-A sections of about 4 min each. No idea how feasible that is, it's something I'm also trying to learn!

(All depends on what you're going for, of course. A lot of modular performance happens in the late-night-dance-music environment where long slow evolution is expected. But this one feels potentially more standalone because of the timbre variety.)
for me personally, i find i get lost in the playing, it never feels like a 20 minute piece. its hard to self edit when enjoyment takes over, and when it doesn't happen that way, i tend to view the session as not so good, if i didn't like to play it and it only lasted a couple of mins...

so im at a point where i only share things that i know will limit my listeners because of the length :hihi:

and the tracks just finished, and i have to say again awesome!
:party: :party: :party:

imrae wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:47 am Nice variety of timbres here, those oscillators cover your bases well! The pace of changes is good, but I'd consider cutting the performance to a more focused 6 mins or so. Or keep this length but use the underling euclidean motif and some sharper transitions to create clearer A-B-A sections of about 4 min each. No idea how feasible that is, it's something I'm also trying to learn!

Thanx for listening and taking time to comment )))
Normally what I post is 4/7 minutes but as vurt says, can get carried away with the play. Actually I lost that sweet spot and had to try and go back to go forward. How feasible... yeah, my friend, still trying to learn how to do "parts" ... need more kit... switches, mutes etc etc... you know the deal... ;)

Definitely going for that late night dingy thingy... holding on to yoooooffff as I try and dance as I play :lol:

vurt wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:03 pm love that "didge" type sound 8)
the riddim moves it all along nicely too.
a lot more coherent as a piece with parts than my own stuff :tu:

all one take? that's pretty awesome if so :)
we need to get a few of us together in a room somewhere with smoke machines, lights and some stoners to sit around and make it a "happening" 8)

this is groovey as hell :band:
Yup vurt, all in one take, but not just one breath ;)

Yeah a room with smokers and machines... oh it's smoke machines... well I am sure you count as a smoke machine... :hihi:
A "happening"... I'm up for it.

Thanx for the listen and comment, my friend.. :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”