Would love to be able to Demo

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really would like to be able to Demo these products. It would be nice if they allowed a 7 day trial with Ilok or something. Please let it happen.

I'm afraid this is not a possibility.
Sample libraries are big, which means big downloads which means bandwidth costs.

This is why there are no (or at least almost no) companies doing sample libraries that offer demos.

iLok demos are not free either.

thats a pitty, VSL has a 30 days refund, Steinberg 30 days Demo, Ample Sound has a Demo, to name a few. I would even pay 5 € for a 30 days, but i don't want to buy a pig in a poke, because the Audio Demos are not sufficient to judge, if the sound esp. every Sample/Key (note) is sounding ok.

Well, you are comparing huge companies to ours, we don't have the resources and volume to be able to do what they do.
I understand your point of view though, but it's just not viable for us.

Necrobump, but just wanted to chime in. In lieu of demos seek our video and audio demos. Granted not as good as playing the instrument yourself. It's the same problem with UVI's own libraries - no demos. The download size isn't really the issue - it's easy enough to download a 40G library over-night to demo it - this isn't 2002 in terms of bandwidth and limits = cost. UVI has probably considered building in a demo mode to their Workstation but they liklely rejected it for some reason.

I wonder what would be involved in writing some kind of script that an UVI dev can run their full library through and have it create a small demo library from it? or some other way to make a very limited free UVI library that lets the prospective customer at least play it a bit?

Return to “AcousticsampleS”