latesummer [electronic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
parallel loners
KVRer
13 posts since 6 Jul, 2019

Post Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:24 pm

Hey, I'd really appreciate some feedback on this track. If someone could pinpoint what's wrong or what's missing (or if there's too much going on), feel free.

https://soundcloud.com/parallelloners/latesummer

Thanks!

Bansaw
KVRian
619 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Re: latesummer [electronic]

Post Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:26 pm

0:40 & 0:46 you've got two risers going nowhere, followed by a downer, so I am expecting a change, but it resumed the same as before, so you could think of that as unique, or I personally thought that was strange.
2:56-3:06, that build could be a lot better (gradually build up the drum sequence, insert pitch ups, go up an octave). In a build you build tension then release that tension. There was no real tension to release. Just after the build you could insert a volume or energy change. it would be nice to hear some lead melody instead of a kalimba-type arp.
I like the retro vibe... ...

parallel loners
KVRer
13 posts since 6 Jul, 2019

Re: latesummer [electronic]

Post Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:31 am

Bansaw wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:26 pm
0:40 & 0:46 you've got two risers going nowhere, followed by a downer, so I am expecting a change, but it resumed the same as before, so you could think of that as unique, or I personally thought that was strange.
2:56-3:06, that build could be a lot better (gradually build up the drum sequence, insert pitch ups, go up an octave). In a build you build tension then release that tension. There was no real tension to release. Just after the build you could insert a volume or energy change. it would be nice to hear some lead melody instead of a kalimba-type arp.
I like the retro vibe... ...
The first part was on purpose; I wanted to go into a different melody for the middle part of the song and have the chorus/drop at 3.00. I guess I could just switch it up without a build.

I definitely agree that the second build could be more gradual in retrospect. Thanks for the advice!

Return to “Music Cafe”