Sternennebel

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a new track of mine. It should sound less old school than my last tracks. I'm not sure about the genre, should be a mix of pop, dance and house.

https://soundcloud.com/musikarchitekt/sternennebel

What do you think about sound design, mixing etc.?

Thanks in advance! :)

My Feedback

Music - 7.5
Instruments - 8
Performance - 8
Mix - 7.5

Overall - 7.75

Comments: Intro could use some EQ and a volume increase. Very dull. The pumping is annoying. Musically, it seems all over the place. Doesn't really settle into one idea. The parts don't seem to really go together. They feel disjointed. Rhythmically, it's fine. Outside of a few minor annoyances, the mix is okay. I've heard worse. I just have a hard time following the piece because it's, as I said, all over the place. Some structure would help.

Lol, you really got the wrong lead for your song 😊
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_UmOY6ek_Y4

I think the song is definitely unique and it has a quirk of its own which is a good thing and that's what sets you apart from the rest. Don't be afraid making it weird you never know ppl might like it. I love the sound design and believe me I know how hard it is to create one.
The whole mix sounds balance and neutral I think you could mix it a lil bit more aggressive to give an edge. However, the chord progression at the end doesn't make sense but the rest is cool. Congrats Bud.
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

Well, it sounds like you’re trying to take a pretty done before sounding dance song and adding off the wall chord changes, sounds and change ups here and there to create something new. Maybe that would work but your execution leaves something to be desired.

Holds together well. I like the relative sparsness of the arrangement, and the bass sound. The other patches fit appropriate.

I like the galloping rhythmic feel.

The chord progression at the end doesn't sound weird to me. Just fairly logical modulations on the theme. In fact, something similarly constructed as a bridge might make sense inserted once or twice in the body of the song-- Where multiple repeated simple melody and chords risk listener attention drift. Change it up a little in the middle.

If such modulated bridge were added it would be extra good if the middle bridge chord/melody modulations are written different than the ending chord modulations, to avoid an impression of "flying in" an exact same part to multiple locations, autopilot copy/paste arrangement techniques.

That is just a throwaway idea not long considered maybe dumb.

Comes down to the song purpose, who you want to please. If you are the main one needs pleasing then ignore all suggestions and do it exactly what sounds best to you

Folks who think the chords get too weird at the end-- If you want to please that audience (which might easily be a majority of listeners) then you definitely wouldn't add EVEN MORE "weird chords" in the middle and might even consider simplifying the ending section.

It's hard to say. :)

Thank you all for your extensive feedback so far! :)

Nice track. I agree with what JCJR wrote. I disagree with some others. A brighter more sparkly mix would help imo.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Return to “Music Cafe”