A Fast Tempo Electronic track (aka dnb) - Break The Rules **UPDATED**

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
smd12
KVRist
200 posts since 25 Jan, 2010

Post Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:15 am

Last edited by smd12 on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
16647 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: A Fast Tempo Electronic track - Break The Rules

Post Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:36 pm

My Feedback

Music - 6.5
instruments - 7.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.25

Comments: Excellent performance and mix. Some of the sounds I found not to my liking. That growling bass thing really got annoying after a while. Musically, would have preferred a little more diversity. The slight arrangement changes were not enough to keep this musically interesting. Essentially, this was a riff (and a very short one) played over and over. Actually, 2 riffs. Still, not enough. It's a shame that such a great performance and mix was wasted on music that is so trivial and mundane. By 4:30 I had really heard enough, though I did listen through to the end.

mindstuff
KVRist
87 posts since 20 Mar, 2019

Re: A Fast Tempo Electronic track - Break The Rules

Post Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:27 am

Great drums :+1:

recursive one
KVRAF
4024 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Re: A Fast Tempo Electronic track - Break The Rules

Post Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:19 am

Really like it, atmospheric and powerfull, cool voice samples.

I can agree that a bit more variation wouldn't hurt, e.g. you might have added some high-pitched lead somewhere, but it's not that the track sounds incomplete without it, there is enough stuff happening during the whole 6 minutes.

The mix is pretty good.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

smd12
KVRist
200 posts since 25 Jan, 2010

Re: A Fast Tempo Electronic track - Break The Rules

Post Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:38 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:36 pm
My Feedback

Music - 6.5
instruments - 7.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9.5

Overall - 8.25

Comments: Excellent performance and mix. Some of the sounds I found not to my liking. That growling bass thing really got annoying after a while. Musically, would have preferred a little more diversity. The slight arrangement changes were not enough to keep this musically interesting. Essentially, this was a riff (and a very short one) played over and over. Actually, 2 riffs. Still, not enough. It's a shame that such a great performance and mix was wasted on music that is so trivial and mundane. By 4:30 I had really heard enough, though I did listen through to the end.
Thanks for listening and the feedback

smd12
KVRist
200 posts since 25 Jan, 2010

Re: A Fast Tempo Electronic track - Break The Rules

Post Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:38 am

mindstuff wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:27 am
Great drums :+1:
Thanks for listening and thank you :tu: :D

smd12
KVRist
200 posts since 25 Jan, 2010

Re: A Fast Tempo Electronic track - Break The Rules

Post Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:40 am

recursive one wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:19 am
Really like it, atmospheric and powerfull, cool voice samples.

I can agree that a bit more variation wouldn't hurt, e.g. you might have added some high-pitched lead somewhere, but it's not that the track sounds incomplete without it, there is enough stuff happening during the whole 6 minutes.

The mix is pretty good.
Thanks for listening and the feedback. The vocal samples works well with it. :D :tu:

User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
5134 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Re: A Fast Tempo Electronic track - Break The Rules

Post Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:32 pm

The doomy bass riff is very cool. The propulsive drums were quite effective. I would have liked a top line melody but there was enough energy to keep me listening for the duration. :tu:

smd12
KVRist
200 posts since 25 Jan, 2010

Re: A Fast Tempo Electronic track - Break The Rules

Post Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:40 pm

Frantz wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:32 pm
The doomy bass riff is very cool. The propulsive drums were quite effective. I would have liked a top line melody but there was enough energy to keep me listening for the duration. :tu:
Thanks for listening and and the kind words :D :tu:

smd12
KVRist
200 posts since 25 Jan, 2010

Re: A Fast Tempo Electronic track (aka dnb) - Break The Rules **UPDATED**

Post Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:29 pm


Return to “Music Cafe”